Ruffles, ruffles and more ruffles! Just saying the word makes me smile!
They are everywhere at the moment and I finally got bitten by the ruffle bug! I’m so pleased I did, because now I want ruffles everywhere, and I’m going to gradually reclaim at least some of my house from the boys!
I wanted to start off with something relatively small, and stumbled upon a lovely ruffled laundry bag at Layla Grayce, I know mine is no where near as cute looking, but for a gal who’s never ruffled before I think I did pretty well.
I used a bog standard cotton tote, with the kids going mad I couldn’t get many photos, but I can talk you through it.
1. I removed the handles
2. Unpicked the side seams
3. I chose 4 fabrics for my ruffles, and cut these into strips long enough for the ruffles
4. Made the ruffles
5. I stitched the ruffles to the front of the bag
6. Stitched 2 loops of organza ribbon on to the back to hang it up
7. Stitched the sides back together to make the bag shape again
8. I then cut 2 slits in the front of the bag, hidden under the second ruffle, threaded a piece of ribbon through each and stitched the end to the back of the bag,
9. Tie the ribbon into a bow to keep the laundry bag closed
So, now I have a super cute laundry bag, and want to ruffle up something else, anyone else loving the ruffle effect?