Printers Tray Turned Photo Frame

This past Saturday we went to Lewes and visited a couple of antique markets, and oh my goshness, what an amazing day we had!

If my bag had been big enough I’d have scooped up everything!

Some of the stalls were shockingly priced, obviously catching on to the latest trends, a plain wooden fruit crate, nothing special about it I checked, was £40.00!! Seriously, what the bejinkos is going on?!

Anyhoo, I managed to snap up some wonderful bargains, the first of which I’m sharing today.

An original printers tray was a fab find, I’ve been looking for one for a while and did a happy dance when I got this beauty called, Joyce, that’s the name engraved in the wood.


She was a bit dusty, had a dead woodlice and a few cobwebs, so I gave her a good vacuum.


After this I selected and printed out a few of favourite photos of my boys.

I placed a picture over the tray and using a fleshy coloured pen, traced the lines of the tray.


Using a ruler and craft knife I cut the pictures to fit the individual sections.

I then slotted the pieces of the pictures into their respective sections.


I repeated this process with the other pictures.


I’m going to add some more pictures to the middle, but trying to find pictures that look good in these slots is more difficult than you’d think!!


I’m so pleased with it, it will eventually go on the family room wall, but for now it’s sat on my dresser, what do you think, a good use of the printer’s tray?!


Linking to


Craft o maniac, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Pinkapotamus, Eisy Morgan, Sweet Peas & Bumblebees, Fireflies & Jelybeans, House of Hepworths, Beyond the Picket Fence


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

13 comments :

  1. What a cool idea!!! It never would have occured to me to use it for photos, but they look so amazing! Much more interesting than plain 'ol frames :D

    Found you on Homemaker on a Dime!

    Shelley
    www.westermanfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is VERY impressive! I love it!

    Please show pictures when you finish and hang it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a great find. I love your original use with the photos though I bet it will look great when it's on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really an awesome idea! I have two of these in my shed. hahahah

    thanks for sharing such a great idea!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely awesome idea!!! Love it! I would love for you to link up tomorrow!
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! What a GREAT idea! Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have presented a truly unique way to display photos! It looks great now. I can only imagine how great it will look once all of the sections are full! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for linking up and I just had to tell you, I went and dug out all my old printer's drawers today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen a printers tray before! This is such a cute, cute idea. Love it! Thanks for sharing with Us and Them. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. you can do so many cool things with printers trays. awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this project! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooo adorable! What a wonderful, creative way to showcase your little guys pictures! Love it! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a genius idea and a great way to upcycle!

    If you don't mind I would love it if you linked up to my weekly upcycled/stashbusting linky pary (Upcycled Awesome) at www.thetshirtdiaries.com or use this link: http://tinyurl.com/upcycled49

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one! I'll try to reply to all comments via email unless you are a no~reply, then I'll pop a reply under your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10