I'm back, and I've been crafting!

After a few 'low' weeks I'm starting to feel a little more alive, I've found some great inspiration  to reignite my 'creative side', I've gone from being a blank canvas to having so many ideas I don't know which to do first! But I know which I would rather!

A quick, but huge 'thank you' to all the lovely, supportive comments, you gals are just amazing at lifting a person when they are down, I will be getting back to you all personally in the next day or so.

Anyhoo, moving on....

We’re in that odd phase between summer and autumn, but its close enough to autumn that I thought some autumnal bunting was in order.


I saw some totally gorgeous bunting by Melissa over at Shabby Love, you really need to check out her fall mantel, and finally decided to make my own.

I found a template I liked and cut out a bunch of leaves in different coloured felt.


I then cut some pennants,


 and sewed the leaves and pennants to a piece of red cotton tape.

I hung this up over the mirror, 


and then decided that the mantel needed a little something.

I found a simple ‘how to’ on Martha’s website for these fun little pumpkins, I made 4, one for each of us!


I thought the mantel looked a little wonky sided, so I added some of these decorative balls to the other side.

Like a novice mantel decorator I thought I was done, but then remembered this little shelf underneath the mantel would also need a little something!


I found a bunch of these wooden maple leaves in my stash, and using a bunch of various coloured paints, painted them in autumnal hues, well at least I think I did!


Once they were dry, I used hot glue to attach them to a piece of string and hung them up between these sweet little tin lanterns.


So these make up my autumn mantel, what do you think?



Point of View: A Creative Collaboration,a creative collaboration,point of view,point of view a creative collaboration

9 comments :

  1. That looks fantastic! I really need to start doing some seasonal decorating! I never really do add anything to our home except for at Christmas time but I've found so much inspiration in the blog world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. festive! i love that felt banner soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfedt touches of Autumn...your mantel looks great! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for mentioning my blog!!! Your banner turned out beautifully! I LOVE it all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun projects. Love your banner and pumpkins. Looks perfect on your fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a genius! What an adorable banner.
    I would love for you to post this on my Fall In Love linky party today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so fun & festive! An adorable banner for the season! You did a super cute job! I would love to have you share this at Show & Share!

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/09/show-share-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute idea. I am your newest follower. Feel free to check out my site and follow me back here: www.utahcountymom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one! I'll try to reply to all comments via email unless you are a no~reply, then I'll pop a reply under your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10