Is The Sewing Machine Mightier Than The Iron?

 Noooooooooooooooooooo! It’s not!


Yesterday I got all giddy with excitement when I treated myself to the Sherbet Pips charm pack by Aneela Hoey for Moda. I have a whole bunch of ideas for it. I was determined not to cut, snip or sew a single piece without having A PLAN. I have been lusting over this fabric for awhile, I mean, what is not to like! It has pink, aqua, grey, scarves, puppy dogs and swings on trees.


Anyhoo, too get some of the excitement out; I decided to finish off this little project I’ve been working on.


But, suddenly the house filled with a horrid burning smell, we rushed around checking for a fire, thankfully we found nothing. I returned to my sewing, and poof!

My iron is no more.
Gah, thwarted by an iron!
I can’t cut anything, without pressing the fabric first.
I can’t sew anything, without nice smooth fabric.
So now I’m sat twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the stores to open so I can get me a brand spanking new iron.

What would you do with the Sherbet Pips, I need some ideas so I don’t mess it up!

1 comment :

  1. Ive always loved pips. Bought a layer cake and some FQ's last week and about to make a quilt with it. Sorry to hear about your iron and look forward to seeing what you make with your charm pack. Im also going to make a large overnight bag if I have any leftovers. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one! I'll try to reply to all comments via email unless you are a no~reply, then I'll pop a reply under your comment!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10