Baby Steps

This time of year many of us rush into making resolutions or setting goals. 

 Aims we wish to accomplish before the bells chime in the next New Year.

 Sometimes we go too fast, running before we can walk.

This is when we can fail; good intensions are all too often set aside at the first sign of failure.
 Goals and aspirations ignored when the first hurdle presents itself.

I was thinking about this when I realised I hadn’t taken a photo of the boys yesterday. My mum and niece came for a visit, there was so much talking, and laughing and playing that I just forgot.

At first I felt a little deflated. A week into my ‘resolution’ and I had ‘failed’, not good.

But then I realised, surely the best reason to forget to take a photo of my boys, has to be because we were all having such a great day.

And I’m totally cool with that. There will be other days to get photos.
So, I’m not going to beat myself up over it.
I missed one day, it is not the end of the world.

Can you imagine if we all gave up at the first hurdle, the first sign of failure?

I found these socks.

There was a time, not all that long ago, when even these would have been big on my boy’s feet.


Now, my boys walk and run and kick. They never sit down.

If my babies had given up their attempts at walking, deciding the first time their bums hit the floor ‘It’s not worth the effort’, where would we be now?

So, if our kids can find the determination, strength and will power to walk, I’m sure we can take a photo, eat healthier, learn something new, exercise more or spend time doing what matters.

It doesn’t matter if we miss a day, or eat an extra cookie, we can get off our bums and try again tomorrow.



Photobucket

4 comments :

  1. Thanks for the great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful post-- I love exactly how you said it-- and the analogy to not giving up after trying, like when kids are learning to walk. I've had a few of these similar thoughts this last week-- but never organized or pursued enough to put it into a thoughtful reflection-- thank you for doing so. Glad you had a fun visit with your relatives :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! Thank you for this. It's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very true. We are so hard on ourselves. I think any time you can do what you meant or need to blesses you and your family. We don't have to be perfect, they don't mind! :) Thanks for your uplifting words, I beat myself up all the time. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one! I'll try to reply to all comments via email unless you are a no~reply, then I'll pop a reply under your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10