Making a Blogger Header Using PicMonkey Collages ~ A How To!

I’m sure you all know by now that PicMonkey now has collages!

Which means we can now make some snazzy new blog headers, woohoo!

I decided to mess about with it and see what I could come up with,  naturally I thought I would share it with you guys, you are so welcome!

First up you need to go into the collage section of PicMonkey, here you will find a selection of different types of collage, you can even make your own!

creating a header in picmonkey

Decide which style you want to go with, for a blog header I think either ‘Ducks In a Row’ or ‘FB Cover’ work well.

choosing header style

I decided to go with ‘FB Cover’, using the curser you are able to adjust the size of each section to suit your needs. You can rotate the collages if you want something a little different, I’d suggest messing about with various options to find one you like.

adjusting settings

Clicking on the artist pallet takes you to {Background} here you can add colour, rounded corners and adjust the spacing of each segment. I added a blue shade to the entire collage.

adding photos and embelishments

The mountain image takes you to {Photos} which is where you upload your photos and embellishments. Click the ‘Upload photos’ button and it will take you to where your photos are stored on your computer {I’m assuming your photos are stored there!}.

Highlight the photos / images / embellishments you want to use on your blog header and click on the open button, they will appear in the grey column on the left hand of the PicMonkey screen.

You can upload more than you have spaces for, which is great if you want to try a few different combinations!

Simply click on the image you want and drag it across to where you want it and ‘drop’, if you don’t like it there either move it to another section or click on the ‘x’ and it will go back to the grey column.

save collage

Once you are happy with your blog header, hit save and save the image to your computer.

{This is the only downside, you can’t actually add text to a collage so you need to do it in 2 steps, no hardship really though!}

upload header to regular picmonkey

Upload you blog header in regular PicMonkey, here you have all the editing options to make your blog header stand out.

adding more embelishments

If you want to add some more photos / images / embellishments or even one of PicMonkeys overlays you can do that by clicking on the speech bubbles icon, this takes you to {Overlays}.

Use ‘Your Own’ option to upload images from your computer.

adding text to blog header

Once you are happy with any {Overlays} you have added you are ready to add some text.

The ‘P’ icon takes you to the list of fonts available to use {you can also upload letters from digital scrapbooking kits, subject to T&C}. Decide on the font you want, or even mix it up a little and add your text, you can change the size and colour of the text.

adding effects to blog header

Once you happy with your blog header you might want to add an {Effect} to the overall design. The potion bottle image takes you to the list of available {Effects} all of which you can tinker about with to suit your style.

I went for {Intrepid} which took the ‘shine’ off the overall header image.

save blog header 

Once you have your blog header the way you want it, save it, make sure you name it something easy to remember and save it somewhere you will remember! I’ve lost count of the number of times I haven’t taken notice of where I saved something, duh!

bunting

Next up you will want to upload your blog header to your blog, this is a simple process and you don’t need to host the image else where.

uploading blog header to blog

From your Blogger Dashboard you want to click on the {Layout} tab, you will see the section for the blog header towards the top of the page its called {Header}, click {Edit} to begin the process of adding your new header.

uploading header from computer to blog

Once the {Configure Header} window is open you are given two options to add your blog header, you want the first one {From your computer}, click on {Choose File}, you will then be able to select your blog header from where you saved it on your computer.

blog header uploaded to blog layout

Once selected, your blog header will appear in the {Configure Header} window.

Click save.

preview blog header

You then get the option to see a preview of your new blog header, if you are happy with it, click on the {Save Arrangement} tab, your new blog image is now saved and on your blog!

new blog header

I hope some of you found this useful, if you have any questions just ask and I will try to help!

If you found this useful you might also like this tip on linking to blog hops / parties and how to avoid the blue frog that can take the place of your image thumbnail!

Linking up here

~ Somewhat Simple ~ Frogs & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails ~ H o H ~ A Crafty SoireeThrifty & Fabuless ~ A Creative PrincessBeyond The Picket Fence ~ The Shabby Creek Cottage ~ The Artsy Girl Connection ~ A Little Knick Knack ~ Delightful Order ~

Catch a Glimpse ButtonThe 36th AVENUE Photobucket

39 comments :

  1. Great tutorial--I needed this last week. I tried in pic monkey, wasn't happy with the results so I went back to doing it on picassa. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your header! It looks great and the colours are perfect! Thansk for the tutorial! I am a new follower :)
    Rebecca @ heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this tutorial Amanda! I have a new blog that's desperately in need of a header, lol.
    Discovered you via the Wednesday link up at Fireflies & Jellybeans and am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great tutorial, thank you so much! Here from the Delightful Order party and now following!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you do this also on Tumblr? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know to be honest, but I can't see why not. I don't use Tumblr but I assume you can add your own headers!

      Delete
  6. Hey! Thanks so much for this tutorial!! I used it to create the header for my new blog. Check it out and let me know what you think! It isn't super fancy, but it's better than it was.

    http://texastakeoff.blogspot.com/
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this! So many tutorials I find are for Word Press. I've been trying to use picmonkey for a collage and couldn't figure out there were two steps! Thank you for simplifying it and for helping me finally get a header I like! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this!! I've been wanting to spruce up my header a bit and have been working on designing a button for my blog as well. I had found another tutorial for the button and using this for the header, I was able to get them to tie together!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspired so much! Thanks for the tip! Love your blog as well.

    Come over my blog if you will!

    Margo-

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! But how do I make the background transparent like the one you have now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine isn't actually transparent, I just used a white background in the Blogger template to make it all blend together, I cheat on these things where ever I can!

      On pixlr.com you can choose a transparent option when making collages, the option is also available on Picmonkey collages.

      Delete
  12. YESSS!! Thank you!
    I'm about to post mine. fingers crossed.

    sunniedaytoday.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much! I used this! I love picmonkey and when I saw this I was more than ecstatic!! Please check out my blog as well!!

    XX

    Pretendingtobeaprincesss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, I'm just starting back into blogging when I stumbled onto your blog. I've never heard of this software but intend on trying it out. Thanks for the information you have provided on your blog.
    "The Frugal Bloggist"
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank-you so much for this tutorial! it was a big help while making my first blog header :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://pcmod.tk/

    plz tell something about my header............in my comment box

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was great!!! Thanks so much for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant!
    Thank you, I'm going to try and see how it turns out, can't wait.
    http://sparkle-your-life.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  19. it really helped, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the post! It helped me make the perfect new header for my blog :)

    http://www.notevenclosetomartha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you sooo much for this! I found it by accident and it made the putting together of my photo collage header so easy. :) Thank you again, you saved me so much time! Now to get it installed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's up and looks so nice - can't believe I did it myself! :) Thanks again! http://kindredspiritmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just getting started in the blogging game :) I was super confused on pretty much EVERYTHING! I did not want a bland standard title, after all it is the first impression you make ;) and I always see such nice customized blog headings. I actually Googled "customized blog headings on blogger" and came across your blog post....What a HUGE help you have been! I now have my own customized blog heading! Thank you soooo so much for this post, it helps us beginners get started! http://NorCalDesignsO2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you very much, all day I have been trying to find a good website for a blogger header. But now I can now finally do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is very creative. Thank you. Great one

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for this! It was incredibly helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for sharing this information regarding Blogger Header, was very useful

    ReplyDelete
  28. thank u...

    http://www.newsdailyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. This article was a great find! Thanks for introducing me to the wonders of PicMonkey! All the best-

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice info, thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely fantastic step by step guide. Thank you so so much. My blog looked so boring and awful and your blogspot on headers was an absolute gem. Really grateful.
    website design

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh my word! thankyou so much for your post, great help and muchly appreciated.

    http://bohemiankisses.blogspot.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one! I'll try to reply to all comments via email unless you are a no~reply, then I'll pop a reply under your comment!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10