Making A House A Home ~ Prettying Up Walls

Slowly but surely we’re turning our little house in to a home, adding little personal touches here and there.

embroidery hoop, frame, living room, wall decor

I’ve mentioned before that I don’t particularly like blank walls and rather than have family photos everywhere I decided to add some “art”, or my version of it anyway!

I got these postcards in a recent copy of Mollie Makes and decided they were just too pretty not to display.

postcards, sewing, decoration

I chose 2 of my favourites and along with a few vintage postcards of Eastbourne popped them in these frames.

painted picture frames, postcards, eastbourne

I knew I wanted more decoration on the wall and whilst pootling around Asda one day saw this gorgeous gift bag, I had to buy one!

gift bag, floral, pretty

I don’t have a circle nor a rectangle frame suitable, naturally I decided an embroidery hoop would work just as well for a frame!

I carefully separated the bag, placed a hoop over the part I wanted to display, then drew around the outside of the frame.

embroidery hoop, gift bag

I then cut it out. I decided the frame itself was a little boring so used some bias binding to wrap it.

embroidery hoop, bias binding

Once this was done, I flipped the hoop over and glued the gift bag cut out to the back of the hoop.

embroidery hoop, picture frame

The hoop and postcards have now joined my flowery bunting and wooden heart garland on the wall, all looking rather lovely me thinks!

living room, focus wall, decoration, bunting, frames

I love the idea of using things other than photos as wall decorations, makes for a more individual and personalised home.

These were super simple and quick makes, great for a little weekend project.

Linking up with Claire and Creative Mondays & Stephanie or at Create & Inspire

createinspire1

4 comments :

  1. It looks so pretty! What a great idea for the embroidery hoop :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use a gorgeous gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I really like the color scheme. The framed post cards and the embroidery hoop are both super cute ideas. Visiting from The Pretty Things link party. ~ Jamie P.S. The floral bunting is gorgeous. I'm off to check out that post now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these :)

    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays last week, featuring and pinning this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one! I'll try to reply to all comments via email unless you are a no~reply, then I'll pop a reply under your comment!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10