Frosty Walk To School

 

It was a gloriously chilly and frosty morning as we headed to school earlier this week.

Every time the boys exhaled they were amazed they made clouds.

A very prideful moment for them both.

As we trudged along, stopping to look at ice which had formed on cars and the delicate crystals decorating the leaves, the boys were asking questions.

‘Why is everything sparkly?’

twig with frost

‘How will the leaves get back on the trees?’

blanket of frosty leaves

‘Why is the grass crunchy?’

crunchy grass

‘Why are the leaves different colours?’

shades from the same tree

‘Can we keep the sparkles?’

frosted leaves

‘Can we pick some leaves for Ms Green?’

leaves on the ground

I love the fact that the walk to school can be both rather magical and informative for them, makes the early starts and long walks a little easier to deal with.

The boys are already looking forward to seeing the differences between Winter and Spring!

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

10 comments :

  1. I love that question; "why is everything sparkly?"... I think I need to see a bit more sparkle in this season! It's there, I just choose not to see it! Thanks, as always, for linking up to #SavouringtheSeason

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of our walk to school this am. My kids had it in their head that because it was frosty, Jack frost had been and they didn't stop going on about it, all the way!!
    Sounds like you had a lovely questioning walk to school
    #Savouringtheseason

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely walk to school you have. I love the questions! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the natural curiosity of children, they show us how to appreciate the world around us all over again! Lovely photos from your walk to school and I did chuckle at their question of 'how do the leaves get back on the trees'. Thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see the world from a child's point of view! Sounds like a lovely way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those leaves look incredible. I am inspired, going to hunt some out this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely. I love their curiosity. I especially love that they want to keep the sparkles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos - I love the frosty look and feel to the outside. :-) the first photo is a great shot and I love the leaves. I just want to walk on them all and crunch crunch crunch :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute. I still love frost just as much as I used to do on my walks to school.

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10