The Alternative Valentine's Card

Hi all,

Have you ever been fed up with the same old Valentine's Day cards in the shops year after year? I am so this year I have decided to try something a little different. 


The Alternative Valentine's Day Card, here is how I made it.

Cut a heart out of fabric, slightly stiffened fabric works best,
 my heart is approximately 25cms across

Turn the heart over, and upside down, then fold the bottom piece's over. If they wont stay down, iron them with a hot dry iron.


Then fold in the two side pieces, again using the iron if they don't stay.


You then need to bring the top down, to make an envelope.


Open it up, and you will see the area you have to put your message in.


Cut a piece of fabric to size, I went for a textured piece, looks a little like old paper. You can then decide on your Valentine's message I went for a simple 'I heart U', using stitching and a fabric heart.



If you want you can added a little 'label' to the front of the 'envelope' I stitched 'BE MINE' on to a piece of white fabric, and trimmed the edges with pinking shears.


Using fabric glue, glue the 'lable' to the front and the message on the reverse, once it has dried you can place it for your loved on to find!


I'm going to make some more of these for my boys, but this time I will line the inside with a contrasting fabric. Hope you will try making your own, if you do I would love to see them!


I'm linking to some of the amazing blogs in the side bar.




Photobucket

5 comments :

  1. Very cute, I love that the envelope is actually a heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have not been by already, I hope you enter my linky contest! You could be the Best of January 2011 and be showered with prizes! While you are there, I have several Valentines giveaways going on right now!

    http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/01/strut-your-stuff-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link party!

    www.youngnester.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10