Canvas wall art

Hi all,

I brought this canvas from my local craft shop the other day intending to do a toddler friendly family tree, it wasn't until I got it home and lost the receipt I noticed it was totally wonky!

Honest, it's wonky!

Hmmmm, this picture doesn't really do it justice, but the top and bottom are out by about 2.5cm.

Anyhoo, I decided to make a wall decoration for my boys room. As their room is painted yellow, I went with that theme and covered the whole thing in yellow gingham fabric, keeping it in place with a staple gun (my new favourite toy).


I then cute out the following letters, L-O-V-E, from two different fabrics. I was going to stitch the letters to the gingham, but thought 'why not use glue?', so I spayed the back of each letter with fabric glue and tada............



So simple and quick to do, but I'm really pleased with the outcome, it's the first decoration I've done for their room and I shall definitely be doing more!



2 comments :

  1. Precious! How funny that the canvas was off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I would love to do this with some burlap, thanks for your inspiration!
    Amie @ http://www.kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10