Day 9 Challenge - Toy Organisation

Hi all,

I've been looking forward to this one, with twin boys my house has just turned in to toy central! Every room has toys in and as much as I love my boys I'm fed up of toys!

We have turned one room into the boys play room and are trying to keep the majority of toys in there, now if only the boys could help!

Here is the room before

Messy mess!

I allocated boxes and places to each toy or type of toy such as trains, cars, Happy Land etc, and got rid of some of the toys they no longer bother with. I have made up lables and lists (just need to sort out new printer) and will be labeling boxes and baskets, I have also made lists to go on the inside of dresser doors to let daddy know what goes where, now he has no excuse not to help!

Another thing I have done is use the boys toys as storage, their Thomas the Tank Engine table has storage under the table and their stools have storage underneath, result!

Stool storge!


I accept this will never be the cleanest room in the house but hopefully it won't be as bad as it has been on occassion.

Order is restored!

Looks so nice and tidy, will be interesting to see how it looks once they wake up....


8 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness, that's a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a super job! I'm sure that as your boys get bigger teaching them to clean up after themselves will get easier - it has for my son {who, at 11, still plays with Thomas trains}! Order has been restored!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on this challenge. Boys and their toys definitely create messes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out this giveaway. notepads to help make organizing fun.

    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/01/notepads-that-make-organizing-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have been busy with all our organization projects! I know it's a lot of work but so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10