Easy peasey quilt!

Hi all,

I've only just finished this and I'm beyond pleased with it, I just love, love, love it!


I have wanted to make a quilt for as long as I remember,  but it's one of those things that I always thought was too difficult. Lucky for me my mother knew I wanted to do this and she showed me an easier way!

I should have taken some pics, but like an over excited child I just got stuck in.

I had a few charm packs and selected my favourite pieces, arranging them in an 8x8 square until I was happy. I then used the sewing machine to sew them into strips 8 squares wide. These strips were then sewn together to make a square. Once stitched I ironed some fusible webbing.

The best bit, have your backing fabric and quilt top right sides facing, and stitch along 3 sides, on the 4th side stitch half way, turn right side out and insert your wadding / filling, continue stitching the 4th side closed and TATDA!! A cute, simple quilt.


Afterwards I had some scraps left over and decided to make a cushion cover to go with it, I didn't measure anything, just put pieces of fabric together until it worked, how do you think it turned out? I love it!

7 comments :

  1. WOW this is amazing...I can't sew really but love to craft. Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying Hi! LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I'm about to start my first quilt and can't wait to blog about my journey, because I'm sure that it will be one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...I'm getting a sewing machine soon and I can't wait to do stuff like this. I suspect if I had an actual sewing room, I would never leave it lol! Thanks for sharing how you made it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty quilt! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites last week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is beautiful! I've wanted to make a quilt...but it would have to be super easy! This may be the one I try to make! Thanks for sharing your idea! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out so beautifully. I started a quilt years ago but never finished. :( Thank you for sharing with air your laundry Friday!

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10