Date Tags

Hi all,

Since having our darling boys almost 2 years ago, I could count on 1 hand the number of 'dates' Spencer and I have been on. We rarely make time for ourselves as a couple, and with all the Valentines themed crafts around blog land at the moment, I've been inspired to do something about it.

I'm calling these 'Date Tags'.


I hoping that having a prompt to actually do something together will give us an incentive to do things together!

Here's what I did.

I grabbed a packet of 'love' themed scrap booking papers, and using my Big Shot cut out a bunch of tags. On to these I have written our 'dates' these aren't necessarily evening out, and some do include the children. It's more about making a conscious effort to spend quality time as a couple and a family. I shall be getting Spencer to fill some in also, so it's not just my suggestions, and I'm aiming for 2 tags a week!


Once I had most of these completed I tied them together using bakers twine (love this stuff), and set to making a box to keep them in.

I used some card stock and my score board to make a box to store them in.

Waiting for the glue to dry!

I used rub ons to label a heart shaped tag, and a brad to attach it to the lid of the box, and it's done!

Every week we each get to pull a tag off the pile and what ever is on them we do that week, obviously there will be times when it's not practical, on those occasions we can put it back and grab another!



Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

5 comments :

  1. Great idea!
    I'm following from the blog hop.
    I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
    Thanks,
    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea! I have two little girls under 3 and I can't remember the last time my husband and I did something alone. I'm going to have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! I can't remember the last time my huband & I had a date night.. Hi there~ I am your newest follower from the blog hop & would love it if you stopped by and returned the love :) We also have an exciting new artist posted who makes one of a kind bracelets I would love for you to check out!!

    http://waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great. Wonderful job. Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10