I need to find something good in today!

Hey,

Last night I finished reading a book, 'The Boy in the Striped Pajamas' by John Boyne, and I cried. Have you ever had a book affect you like that?

 I'm not a soppy person, but reading this I was sniffing back the tears about 10 pages from the end, just willing the boys to stop. I was shocked by the ending, I wanted nice and sunny, it was not to be.

I was crying so bad at the end, I had to wake Spencer up for a hug, 10 minutes later he called me a soppy mare, that's how much I was crying.

I'm still thinking about it now, I guess that's a good thing in away, excellent writing about such an emotive subject shouldn't be forgotten.

If you haven't read the book, you should, if only to serve as a reminder as to how lucky we are.

But now I need something sunny to raise a smile, think I might go cuddle my boys. Anyone else got something 'sunny' to share today?


Comments

  1. Don't you love when a book just takes over your mind and heart and you think about it for days later?! By the way, I love the font you use for the title of your blog post. What do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read the book, but I saw the movie and it is so sad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!