Jar of Love, I love you because ...

handmade projects

Get Your Craft On Tuesday
Hi all,

I thought I would share with you this cute, easy and inexpensive gift for Valentines Day. With Spencer's birthday also in February I thought I would make the whole month a little more special by having a note for each day telling Spencer why I love him!



I started by stenciling some hearts around the jar, covered these in a fine layer of glue and sprinkled some glitter over each one. I spray painted the lid pink and used some flowery ribbon as a trim.

The notes are on card stock cut out with my Sizzix, any shape will do, on one side of each note card I stamped several hearts just to jazz them up a little.

I attached a label to the jar with some twine and then sat down to write the notes out, I didn't want to spend to much time thinking about the reasons why, you shouldn't really have to think about why you love a person!

Some are serious reasons, 'I love you because ... you supported me through the postnatal depression' others are more jokey but mean just as much in their own way, 'I love you because ... you introduced me to Pina Colada's and Quesadilla's', once I had all 28 I folded each in half and dropped them in the jar, now each morning Spencer will know why I love him.

The great thing is, this doesn't have to just be for Valentine's Day, it could be for an anniversary, or a friend that might be feeling low and needs some reassurance!

BWS tips button

25 comments :

  1. This is soo sweet ! Hope you will share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/01/pink-hippo-party-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower! I like your jar project too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift! The jar is just darling, too!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up to MMM...this is such a creative, FUN idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did this once for our great grandmother! She loved it! This is such a great project. Found you on MMM! I Like your cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet idea and it looks adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw this is such a lovely idea thanks for sharing. I have been making valentine gifts too over on my blog tina x http://scratchycatcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! thanks for your comment. I feel the same way... I don't want to use it because it's so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! This is so sweet! I love it!!

    I wanted to ask you if you knew you were a no-reply comment blogger? If you didn't shoot me an email and I can tell you how to fix it! amiallison73 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I'm a new follower from Simply Designing link party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a darling idea. Thanks for sharing. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw I love this idea!! I may have to steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is such a sweet idea! Thank for linking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great idea! so glad i saw this at craft envy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so cute, who wouldn't want to receive such a pretty jar for valentine's day. Same concept can be easily adapted for other holidays too. Please consider linking up to my blog bash, K.I.S.S.=Keep It Simple Sunday, it's open til Tues evening. Happy to be a new follower also. :)

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You were featured on Craft Envy! http://nv-craftenvy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet idea!! Love the glitter hearts on the jar!! Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays! Can't wait to see your next idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for linking up at my blog bash K.I.S.S=Keep It Simple Sunday, I appreciate your creativity.

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your jar is adorable! Love it!

    Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites! I'm featuring you this week. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi just wanted to let you know I featured this idea on my blog today. come and grab a button if you like and make sure to enter the two giveaways I have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/01/friday-features-new-adventure-date.html

    oops! here's a link to the post

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute! Would love for you to add to my Thursday Treasure Party @

    http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/p/treasuristas-thursday-treasures-come.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Amanda!

    This is a genius idea, so creative and thoughtful . . . I love it!!

    Just wanted you to know that I have featured your post in my blog and used one of your photos.

    I'm also your newest follower :)

    Have an awesome Friday . . . Gina

    http://labelladiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10