Polka dot pillow with felt flowers

Hi all,

I've been so impressed by all the cushions and felt flowers around at the moment, I've been inspired to have ago at making my own!



Tip Junkie has some fantastic flower tutorials.

I had some super cute red polka dot fabric which I thought was perfect with Valentines Day coming up, and red and white felt which would make ideal flowers.


I made the flowers first, I didn't use any particular pattern, just grabbed a lid from the kitchen and started drawing circles on the felt, which I then cut out and cut in half.

Each flower has a complete circle as the base, and then half circles placed on top to make additional circles! I didn't follow any particular pattern, just got my needle and thread and stitched the layers together, pulling it tight to make them a little ruffled.


For the top layer of 'petals' I used white felt, on two of the flowers I did that pinchy fold it in half thing!

There are many blogs out there that can explain it soooo much better, but I'm still pleased as punch as to how they turned out!

Another pic, just cause I love it!


Linking to



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Polka dots make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave you a blog award @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute!

    ~Stephanie @ redberrycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! I love the banner too! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks great. the felt works really well tina x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so cute tina x x
    http://scratchycatcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a really cute pillow!! I want to make some new pillows :) Would love for you to come link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soo adorable! Love the polka dots and flowers! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I love the red and white polka dots! Great job on the flowers too. I am stopping by from Debbie's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two of my favorite things!!! Felt flowers... and pillows!! :) Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays!!! Hope to see you this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for linking up all your creativity to my blog bash K.I.S.S., it is all inspiring.:)

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pillow turned out great! Nice colors and love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your little valentine's pillow. Polka dots are my favorite pattern, too. Thank you for sharing with air your laundry Friday!

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely pillow! thanks for linking up at our crafty saturday party! can't wait what you have for next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!