Refashioned Hurricane Lamp

Hi all,

Years ago we brought two of these lamps from Ikea, not the prettiest things in the world but served a purpose at the time, they have spent ages at the back of a cupboard doing nothing but collecting dust.



So I dug one out and thought of ways of sprucing it up, of course whatever I did it had to be a 'love' theme, and Spencer has been a busy bee making candles so I decided to put the two together.

I started by cutting the electric cable off and drwaing hearts randomly around the lamp.


Using acrylic enamel I painted some of the hearts pink and others red, I wanted to add a little bit more so I stamped some hearts on it, which I left unpainted.


I then took the bulb socket out placed a votive candle made by Spencer inside.

Once lit it looks pretty darn good, if I say so myself!



A cute hurricane candle lantern thingy which has cost nothing!

Linking to


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Comments

  1. The thingy turned out very nice! How fun to use the homemade candles! Very cute!
    I hope you can join my link party today! All participants are eligible to win #130 to CSN stores.com! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love this. These would be cute night stand lamps. I'm a brand new follower :) Saw your post on C.R.A.F.T.

    www.theelephantstrunk42@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I'm going to feature this tommorrow for Whimsical Wednesday at http://rosyredbuttons.blogspot.com. Keep being awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!