4 seasons in one day

Hi all,

The weather this week is really getting to me; it feels like winter is coming back! I know it’s not as bad as some of you have it, hope you get warmer weather soon!

But it has inspired me to make an effort in some weather themed decor for the home; you know those days when it feels like your getting 4 seasons in one day? Well that’s how today felt, so it’s only right that I did something to reflect the 4 seasons!

I apologise now for the photos!


I used two techniques to stamp tree images on to a 12 x 12 piece of scrap booking paper, spring and autumn were done using embossing powder and a heat gun, to get the autumn colour tree I mixed orange and brown powder together.

Summer and winter were stamped with regular coloured ink pads.

I used colours that to me represent the seasons;
·        Spring – yellow
·        Summer – pink
·        Autumn – orangey brown
·        Winter – silver


This cost nothing and took hardly any time at all to complete, but adds a personal touch to the home d├ęcor.

Has the funky weather inspired anyone else to make something for the home?

Comments

  1. haha... yes, the funky weather is spurring on my spring time crafting in the hopes that the outside world will pay attention and warm up! Still snowy here in Germany though so I guess it isn't working. :( Thanks for stopping by my blog and following along. I am following you back! Us Brits have to stick together right? ;) Your craft is very cute. I love how it shows the four seasons in one frame. Tomorrow my Weekend Review Link Party starts again so feel free to hook up if you want. Have a great day.
    Humble Homemaking

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!