Ballard Inspired





Morning all,

I finally took a peek at the online catalogues for Ballard Designs and Pottery Barn; there are so many amazing projects inspired by these stores are all over blog land I had to see for myself what all the fuss was about!

Oh my goshness!

Ahmazing doesn’t even describe what it’s like for a first timer! Do you remember your first time seeing the catalogues? I could squeal with delight at all the possibilities.

I was inspired by Ballard to knock together these little storage pots.


They started off as Christmas themed pots, but using my craft knife I was able to remove the decorations (saving these for Christmas).


Next I got a ball of jute and my glue gun and began sticking the jute around the pot, I found it easiest to start at a corner on the bottom of the pot and kept winding the jute round until it was covered.


I wanted to stencil one for each of my boys, so I printed off their initials, got Spencer to cut them out for me, and attached them to the jute with sticky tabs.


Using black acrylic paint I dabbed a paint brush on the jute until the stencil was filled.


After the paint was dry I removed the stencil, they were looking good but not quite there.

Raiding my sewing baskets I found white and blue ric rac, which I attached round the top and bottom of each pot with my glue gun.


Now I have my very own Ballard inspired pots!

Anyone else attempting their first store inspired project?










Creations by Kara

 



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


Thirty Hand Made Days

linkparty


Fancy This


Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays



Craft Link parties

37 comments :

  1. Really love these. I need to see if I have the supplies to make some.

    Denise
    Extreme Personal Measures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Who would have thought they started out as Christmas boxes? Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out great! I am following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever and they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job! Don't you just love knocking something off for much cheaper!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! I'm sure your boys love them:)

    I came by from Fancy This Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! Love these:) Thanks for stopping by my blog, lookin fwd to getting to know you better in bloggy land:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job! Love these!! Thanks for stopping by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! I've see the originals and you did a great job! I'd love for you to come share it at this weekend's party! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How easy was that?! And great did those turn out :) Have a great weekend
    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did such a fantastic job on these! I saw your post over at It's a Crafty Life and had to come check the out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These turned out great! I love Ballards too, such inspiration.

    I'm your newest follower! Hope you'll visit me too.

    ~Renee@ Shabby-Chic-Charming@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow... these are so cute! You totally transformed the entire look and feel of them! I'm so glad there are people like you in the world to help uncreative people like me :)

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! I have been hanging on to a few wipes boxes waiting for the right project to make them pretty storage boxes, I think this is it. Stop by sometime domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These turned out amazing. I'm a sucker for a good monogram! Thanks so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute blog! I'm now following you too! So glad you stopped by my blog today! Your comment made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are very cool!!! Love the twine! :) THANKS so much for linking to Fancy This Fridays!!! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a great copycat! These are so nifty cool, too. Thanks bunches for linking up to my blog bash K.I.S.S., much appreciated. :)

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. these are adorable. I am needing some boxes, I might have to try this.... I hope that you will link this up with my Show and Share linky party, going on all week. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/02/show-and-share-sunday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look great! LOVE the jute look! Where is a good place to get jute?

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooh, those are great. I may just have to make some of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look great! Nice work! :)

    M*
    daydreambelievers.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how they turned out. I guess I need to get a catalogue too! I found you on Sumo's Sweet Stuff and am now a follower. I'd love for you to come check my blog out as well!

    Melanie
    youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adding the jute is just inspired!! I love having custom storage. :)

    Thanks for joining my "I {Heart} My Crafty Cutter" party. If you could add a link back to me too, I would really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been meaning to redo a coffee table based on this same method for a while now. Maybe it's time to start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the jute with the ric rac, the contrast of textures and colors is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this! Thanks for link up to Ten Buck Tuesday!

    www.youngnester.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cute! What are you going to put in them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love to browse Ballard & PB for inspiration. You did a great job on these! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very cute. Thanks for linking up to Craft Couture Monday.
    I would love it if you added my party button or link backs so others can join in :). Thanks hope to see you next Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, Amanda! thanks for linking up last week! hope to see you again this week! have a nice weekend!

    http://tosewwithlove.blogspot.com/2011/02/crafty-saturday-link-up-party-no-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love it! I will be featuring you this week on "Amaze Me Monday" blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  33. So cute for your twins...I like that they coordinate without totally matching! Love the ric-rac.
    Thanks for joining my party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10