Coffee Morning Helper

Hi all,

I don't know about you but 'mummy brain' which started when I was pregnant never went away, in fact it's only got worse! I quiet often try putting the kettle in the fridge or laundry in the dishwasher, there's a whole bunch of other things I do which any sane thinking person wouldn't.

When no one else is around it doesn't really matter, but when you have people round, not quiet the same thing!

One area I'm really scatty is when people are over for play dates or a coffee morning, who drinks what, milk sugar, one lump or two!!!

If I had my way everyone would have a coffee, with milk and no sugar, but as host you need to be accommodating to your guests, which lead me to create the......
 'Coffee Morning Assistant'!

Now don't get to excited, it's not some helpful person who will refresh cups when empty, keep on top of the house work and entertain the kids whilst you catch up with your girlfriends! Sorry!

But for some it could come in handy, if only to carry drinks from one room to another!


I have a few of these wooden trays, which were doing nothing whilst I spilt more tea and coffee on the floor than is really acceptable for a grown up!

So I decided to make better use of them, I covered one in some scrap booking paper, and covered the base on the inside as well, A few coats of varnish helps to protect from any spills!

Although I tend to have the same people round that does nothing to help me remember what they drink, especially if they keep chaning their minds, so I thought why not  make a reuseable reminder. Using the downloads avalible from shabby princess I designed this cute little reminder sheet, printed it and then laminated it, this makes is spill resistant but more importantly I can tick, cross or write down what is wanted and then rub it off when they leave!

Now I just have to work on remembering which cup is for which guest.....

6 comments :

  1. This post made me laugh. I've had the mommy brain for 20 years now. Totally relate.
    Finding you via Debbie's Newbie party. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back!
    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a new follower stopping by from Debbie's Newbie Link Party!! What a cute idea, can't wait to see more projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool idea now just getting people to come round

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea! It looks cute too! :) Following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had my mommy brain for the last five years with no improvements...this is just what I need because I forget immediately after someone tells me what they prefer. It all comes from trying to multi-task.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! that is an awesome idea! i went from pregnancy brain to fibro brain so i forget how everyone drinks their tea's or coffee's.
    thanks!!
    Leigh @ www.thesewingdivaandherreluctantmodels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10