Fridge Magnets

Hi all,

Arrrrggggghhh!

The poxy broadband has been playing up since Thursday, we have to wait until Monday for an engineer to turn up and fix it (hopefully), I’ve been blogging for less than two months, but it’s surprising how much you miss it when you can’t get on line.

But it does give you plenty of time to either craft or trawl around the junk stores for furniture to shabby chic over, I got some great pieces which you will see in another post.

But now to the point of this post, I used to make cards, but after a few months I realised that when making 5 – 10 a day you can’t even give them away, so I stopped making cards but am stuck in a subscription to a card magazine, but the bonus is free gifts!!!

This month it was some seaside themed card toppers, very cute but as I’m not really making cards, they are most likely to end up in a craft box.


I love fridge magnets, not to stick things on the fridge with, but just quirky and cute fridge magnets, so what better use for these card toppers than to make ridge magnets!

I chose the toppers I wanted as magnets, placed them on to the reverse side of a magnetic sheet, and drew around the toppers.


I then cut around each topper, ensuring to go through the magnetic sheet.


Peeling the backing sheet of the topper and the magnetic sheet I stuck the two together, making sure not to mess it up.


I did the same with the other 3 card toppers, on some of them I had to use my craft knife to trim away some excess magnetic sheeting, this neaten them up a little.


And here they are stuck on the fridge, cute or what?


I might use the others to make some for my mum and sister, there are so many different things you could use with magnetic sheets to make your own fridge magnets, which would make a cute, individual and personal gift.

Im joing the Debbiedoos Newbie Party for bloggers with either under 100 followers or under 6 months old, hop over and meet some new blogging friends



Craft Couture






Today's Creative Blog








handmade projects


Link up your latest project every Wednesday on the Elle Belle Creative Your Way Wednesday link party!


Beyond The Picket Fence

Comments

  1. These are really really cute. I love them.

    Megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute....great idea! These are going on my to-do list! Visiting from Dittle Dattle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are super cute!!~ Thanks so much for joining in on the partay! have fun meeting some new peeps! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out great! I found you through Debbiedoo's. I'm following you now. Come be my bloggy friend!

    Melanie
    www.youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, love your font too, great blog, coming from Debbies and glad I did

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adorable pictures and such a creative way to enjoy them. After all, you can never have too many magnets on the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I was just thinking of getting me fridge magnets now I might as well do them myself! Thank you for the inspiration!

    I came here from Debbie's party and followed along! :)

    Take care and have a great, week

    http://styleidoscope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! They are really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. I love the pictures and adding a magnet makes them fun. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's a cute project and useful too to hold coupons and pictures on the fridge.

    Visiting from Pinkapotamus, hope your having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. newest follower from the hop
    http://everydayproductsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute idea! These would be nice little additions to a gift, fun classroom treats, and could even be used in an educational way. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these! They would make a great gift for one of my friends who adores magnets! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great tute! thanks a lot for linking up your fab tutorial! can't wait to see what you have for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute--way to make lemonade from lemons! Thanks for linking up to Beyond The Picking Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are sooo adorable.. love the vintage look of them! What a great way to reuse something free! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO CUTE! Can you share where the toppers came from? Love vintage water color designs! Thanks for linking to Handy Man, Crafty Woman Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!