Mummy reward sticks

Hi all,
Have you ever wondered 'Why do I bother?' Whether it's missing an appointment to drop the kids at school when they are running late, getting up early to iron a shirt for hubby cause he forgot he needed one for a meeting, wiping pureed banana off the walls for the 7th time in one morning or doing 10 loads of washing only to see clean items back in the laundry basket?!

I wonder this at least 5 times a day, so I decided I would introduce a reward system for me!
 I asked Spencer what he thought would be suitable rewards based on all the wonderful things I do around the house and raising the boys, I should just say he is already an amazing guy and spoils me rotten, and we came up the following.
  • A relaxing bath with a book and glass of wine
  • A lay in with breakfast in bed
  • A lay in while daddy takes the kids out for the morning
  • Mummy's choice on movie night
  • Daddy cooks mummy's favourite dinner, and does washing up
  • A bunch of flowers
  • A night out with the girls
  • Dinner at your favourite restaurant
  • Mini shopping spree
  • Back tickles
Hawaii and Johnny Depp are not deemed suitable rewards!
There are loads more things you could have, I just listed some we would use. Obviously somethings you may have to wait to 'cash in', but I think that just makes it better, who doesn't look forward to an evening out?

Sadly you don't get a reward stick for everything you do, and you can't give them to yourself! Your hubby and children will decide, much as you do for your children, if you deserve one.

I got a bunch of large pop sticks, covered one side in scrap booking paper, I used My Minds Eye, and the other side has my reward.


I got an empty peanut tin, covered it in more scrap booking paper, added some flowers and a tag, and it's done!


This shall now sit on the counter in the kitchen, and hopefully will give me the extra incentive to get chores done when I'm not really in the mood!

So ladies, what would give you the incentive to do everything that needs doing?


BWS tips button




 
 
 


Photobucket












23 comments :

  1. Such a wonderful idea!! We are empty nesters, so the content of the tin would not work for us, BUT I certainly find a LOT to put in it LOL. Thanks, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one awesome Idea! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea love it. Now just to get my hubby on board with this. I am thinking of making him one to. We both need to work on stuff so this could work. Thank youfor showing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. You have some AMAZING ideas here!! Looking forward to looking through your past posts for some great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I hope it works well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS! GREAT ideas, who doesn't need this? What a clever gift idea too! Found you at 30 days.

    I'm your newest follower too!

    Come see me and check out my giveaway for a dozen cookies from Sandy's Baking Memories and my very first tutorial. www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your reward sticks is a fantastic idea. We should always try to celebrate and appreciate the little things in life shouldn't we ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute idea!
    Leigh @ www.thesewingdivaandherreluctantmodels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks mommy needs a reward system too! I've been thinking of doing one for awhile but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll definitely use yours for inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! My husband's gone during the week working 12 hour shifts away from home, so the weekends we spend trying to reward each other. Stopping by from the blog hop!

    Frugally Green Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant idea. I think I would have to keep the sticks though, and distribute as and when, making sure I got my fair share!! I think the same everyday, why do I bother. Then I remember. Cos I love 'em!

    Have a great weekend.
    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really cute! And what a great idea. Maybe even just my husband and I can do this. I could use a good massage once in a while ;) talk about motivation!
    Stopped over from FTLOB. Happy weekend!
    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhhh, Johnny Depp...if only he could be a reward, ha! Such a sweet idea, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ingenious! I love the design of your tin and the idea of putting the scrapbook paper on the back of the sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea! I may need to make a few of these for friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Visiting from the bloghop and just wanted to say, what a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic idea! I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a really great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for linking up to the K.I.S.S. blog bash, I so appreciate your inspiring idea. This is so nifty, the rewards I could invent and stuff in my can. :)

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a great project! we are featuring it today! thanks for linking up. we can't wait to see what you have next week!

    tosewwithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's a great idea, hehe! I've thought about doing something like that for me too, to motivate me to do the housework more regularly around here...haha. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10