Personalised, twine wrapped picture frame


Who hasn’t got these picture frames from Ikea??


That’s what I thought; I’m sure everybody who enters through those revolving doors has picked up at least one packet with the intention of ‘making them their own’.

I’m going through a twine phase at the moment, anything that stays still long enough is likely to be wrapped in the stuff, including these frames.

I should say I did this differently the first time but the corners didn’t work out right, so I unwrapped it all and started again. (make sure you remove the inserts before starting)


 I found it easier to wrap the short ends first; dab a spot of hot glue on the back and wrap the twine round, using more hot glue as needed.

Once one end is done, cut the twine and wrap the other end.


Then you can wrap the two longer ends in twine, it ends up looking something like this


I’ve been trying to use up some of my craft stash, and I thought these would make the perfect addition to the frame.


Spelling out ‘Ahren’ I looped some bakers twine round each letter and using even more hot glue attached the letters to the frame.


It’s at this point I realise I have lost the inserts for the frame, can’t find the picture I  wanted to use and start flapping around like a headless chicken!

Calm was restored by locating all the above and putting it together, and having this little beauty to put on your mantle,


I know it’s not a well taken photo, but I just love his eyes in it, it really shows of the amazing blueness of them!







Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


Show and Tell Green




NightOwlCrafting


Katie's Nesting Spot


Beyond The Picket Fence


giveaways










Creations by Kara



504 Main

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

22 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh! I freaking LOVE it! Soo adorable as is the little man in the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is clever. I love using twine. Thanks so much for joining me. Please add my link or button to your post so that others know about the party. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your twine wrapped picture frame turned out so professional looking! And it's that pretty face just perfect!

    Yea!! I have just become your #100follower and am happy to have helped your reach this milestone! Best wishes on your blogging future!!

    Hugs, Honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fabulous!! I'm here from Debbie's party, and I'm your newest follower!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, I can't wait to try it. I have IKEA frames and twine in my craft closet too :)

    katieshowto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a way to personalize a frame. I've seen twine used but have not tackled it myself. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I don't know how I missed it in my blog update thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is really great. What a wonderful idea and it looks so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some great blue eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I love when I can use up some of my craft stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute idea. I am a new follower from TT. Stopping by to invite you to join Thrifty Thursdays. Have a wonderful day. Blessings!

    Johnnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super CUTE frame!! Love those blue eyes! (=

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI
    I am a new follower from the Thursday blog hop.
    What a great idea for a frame cover. I have a couple of sets of these in a box and had no idea what to do with them.
    I blog at www.tammileetips.com
    Tammilee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute Blog! I’m a new follower Happy Friday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!
    http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is beautiful!! And what blue eyes!!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Creative and adorable!
    www.dashing-home.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable frame and his eyes are so beautiful!
    Tts!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. really nice frame... but that face! those eyes! he's a sweetie pie for sure!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love this!!! Great job!

    I'm visiting from Someday Craft's Whatever Goes Wednesday!
    Have a great day!
    -Emily Love from http://madewithemilylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea, I love it! I featured this on Hoo's got talent! Thanks for linking up to the party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10