Side tables redo

Hi all,

Last week I got these two side tables from the charity shop for £5, bargain! But not really to my taste. Sorry about the picture, this is the only one I had of them before I got to work on them. Spencer and the boys discovered that turned upside down they made excellent spinney things! Boys!


Anyhow, once I finally got the tables back, I stripped of the varnish and sanded them back a little, not a pretty sight.

I decided to paint the larger table a suede blue and the smaller table a suede green, both are a textured paint which leaves a rough textured finish.

I forgot to take any pics of this part! Opps

I wanted to put some lyrics of a favourite song of mine on them, 'Always look on the bright side of life' from the Monty Python film 'Life of Brian', it's one of those songs that never fails to make me smile.


I looked up the lyrics and decided on my favourite verse and got to work with letter rub ons, these are fantastic if you don't have a cutting machine, I have a Cricut but still prefer using these for small projects.



I added a few decorative rub ons and covered both tables in a few coats of clear varnish, and they're done!


Not bad for some shabby old tables, everything I used I already had at home so this only cost me £5, and I'm really pleased with the results, looking forward to my next trip to the charity shops.
  





Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Katie's Nesting Spot




Thirty Hand Made Days

11 comments :

  1. I gave you an award!! Check it out!
    http://theknottyboutiqueco.blogspot.com/2011/02/award-hot-dogs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome way to personalize! Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that it's so personal! I can think of some fun lyrics that could be used for future projects. Great makeover! And your boys are adorable, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I host a weekly blog hop -- It's a Keeper Thursdays. I'd love for you to stop by and link up!

    Thanks!
    Christina @ It's a Keeper
    http://www.everydaytastes.com/
    http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
    http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love adding the lyrics! Did you use individual rub on letters for that? Or is there a way to make rub ons?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used individual rub on letters, I have no idea if you could make your own, will be looking into it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! I love the lyrics you chose! We could all stand to live by those words.
    thanks for sharing @ CCC
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive just discovered your blog and its lovely! So many fab ideas, thanks for sharing. Im still learning the blogging ropes :o)

    Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the top photo! Reminds me of when my brother and I would slide across the kitchen floor using my mom's records ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are adorable! i love the happy quotes you put in each- they certainly would make me smile every day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10