Fabric Yoyo Bracelet


I’ve been waiting for an excuse to make fabric yoyos for awhile, but never had anything to do with them! Until I thought of making several and turning them into a bracelet for my niece.

What you need:
Fabric
Elastic to fit wrist
Fabric to cover wrist (I forgot this!)
Buttons
Sewing stuff

Maddie is a very girly girl so I went with pink for my fabrics.


I used my wrist as my measuring guide, wrap a piece of elastic around your wrist, and snip a piece long enough to make a bracelet. 

I used a cardboard ribbon holder as my circle template.


After cutting out each circle, I threaded my needle and folded over a small hem, I inserted the needle through the underside of the hem and began sewing a running stitch all the way round the circle,


Once this was done, I pulled the thread tight so the fabric bunch up, pushing it flat to make a yoyo.


I added a few stitches to stop it falling apart; threading the needle through the centre of the yoyo I passed it through the elastic and then back through.


 Placing a small button in the centre of the yoyo I stitch the button and yoyo securely to the elastic.


After making several more yoyos and attaching them in the same way, 


I used a heart shaped button to secure the two ends of elastic together.

Here it is, isn’t it just too cute?


Making such small yoyos isn’t difficult but can be a bit fiddly. I probably should have started of with a larger one!

Next time I would cover the elastic but I got a little carried away making yoyos!!

Katie's Nesting Spot

3 comments :

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10