Keepsake Box Frame



Waaay back in January I was joining in with the 21 Day Organising Challenge hosted over at a bowl full of lemons, one of the challenges was to organize ‘keepsakes’.

I got most of the keepsakes sorted but there were two little things which I really didn’t know what to do with, these funny little things!


Let me explain a little, I had an incredibly high risk pregnancy with my twins, which resulted in scans every two week to check a whole host of different things with the boy’s development, one of which was the size of their tummys.

As you can expect this was a stressful and worrying time for us both, but Spencer being the wonderful hubby he is thought of this totally cute way to make it a little easier.

He made two paper circle’s after each scan the exact circumference of their tummys, each additional one was added to the previous, gradually you could see them growing larger and larger,  this was to remind me that the boys were growing safe and well and would be here soon enough.

It maybe a corny idea, but it did help, I used to sit there holding them just willing them to grow a little more! Now I see them and wonder how on earth the two toddlers’ causing havoc around me where ever this tiny!!

During the challenge some lovely ladies suggested displaying them in frames, which I just loved, and have been waiting to do since!

Anyhoo, before the flood gates open let me show you how I made my keepsake frames.


I got the two frames above from the local Cancer Research charity shop for £4, bargain!

I removed the backing, took out the flowers and painted the frames and off white colour.

I used some scrap book papers to line the base of each frame, the frames are a little wider than 12” so I used some coloured card to fill the rest.


Using various ribbons and sticky pads, I created a border along the edges.


I wrote a little note to Ahren and Ethan on individual journaling cards, using foam pads to stick them down,


I attached their hospital bracelets and their favourite dummy’s using hot glue,


Finally I used a few dabs of hot glue to attach the paper rings to the centre of each ‘frame’,


Using my staple gun, love this thing, I attached a length of ribbon to each frame to hang them up with. After giving the glass a good clean, I put the frames back together and used a ton of hot glue to keep the box inside the frame.



Now I have the perfect way to display my two favourite keepsakes!






How do you store your keepsakes?



Fantabulous Friday!Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingTickled Pink at 504 Main











Fancy This




  







24 comments :

  1. Hi Amanda,

    These are absolutely precious! You husband's sweet gesture will never be forgotten with these lovely memory boxes.

    Thank you for your compliment on my blue spice rack too. That brought me to your blog and I am so glad!

    Teresa@Much-A-Do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love those! They look awesome, with so many sweet memories. And how wonderful is your husband to make the paper rings? Such a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lifetime treasure you have made!! What a wonderful, heartwarming story, and very charming idea. I loved reading all about it.

    My Flaunt It link: A Beautiful Girl

    Do stop by if you get a chance to visit. Happy Happy Rango Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant way to preserve those treasures. Makes me think "dang, now I should've done that."

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Sometimes it's a little hard to be happy/positive and other times it's like I came home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty, Amanda! And your blog is cuuuuute:) Thanks for joining us last week on Boost My Blog Friday, hope to see you again today:) And of course I am naturally following you back now! hi hi See you at Boost My Blog Friday!
    Have an amazing weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. What a fabulous idea. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. Love it! Found you on SYTYC Crafty Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a great idea! What a fabulous keepsake :)

    Visiting from Serenity Now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda, what absolutely precious keepsakes! I love the idea of having the hospital bracelets out on display instead of stuck in a box where I keep mine. ;) Great job!

    Thank you so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) I hope you'll visit Serenity Now again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a grand idea! How do I store my keepsakes? In a box under the bed. *sigh* :)
    Stopping in from FTLOBs. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your post on the K.I.S.S over at The Tattered Tag. I also store my keepsakes in a box... in the basement:( lol! I will definitely be borrowing this idea from you to make a keepsake box for my little one. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How amazing! Your husband is the sweetest, and it must've been a lifesaver to able to see their growth. :-) Thanks for linking it up! My keepsakes usually just get stored in a box & I never get to see them, so this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a neat project, and better yet a wonderful keepsake. Thanks for joining my newbie party!
    Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog! I came from Debbiedoos and now a new follower. Hope you can stop by sometime.
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Love that keepsake box! Good job!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great way to display those treasures. I love it. So creative. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a GREAT idea!! :) I made my fiance some shadow boxes to keep his keepsakes... Kind of the same idea, but a lot bigger, cause his keepsakes are bigger... haha.

    Thanks for linking this to Fancy This Fridays! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a sweet idea! So sentimental and such a wonderful way to remember and appreciate what you have been given! Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a wonderful hubs you have! :)

    that's a great keepsake. I'm a sentimental sap and find it very difficult to get rid of anything. :)
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie last week! I can't wait to see what you have for this week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a FANTASTIC project. Great job! I would be delighted if you would link this to my VIP party today! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/03/vip-party-6.html

    Cheers!
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute & super sweet!! Thank you for sharing your great project by linking up to my blog bash K.I.S.S. @ The Tattered Tag. Please remember tomorrow is another fun blog bash, so drop by and link up more of your creativity! :)

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a great way to keep your son's keepsakes! I love shadowboxes! thanks for linking up and I hope to see you again this week! have a nice weekend! ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are just super sweet! Love them! I need to do something like this to display our little keepsakes. Thanks for linking up to Gettin' Krafty With It!

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10