Stamped Tea Towel

I got the idea for this from a magazine, Simply Homemade, where they had produced a table cloth, napkins and a window blind, none of which I need at the moment, but I always need cute new tea towels! The stamps are from Molly Blooms, a fun range of totally cute stamps!

I started off with a plain white cotton tea towel, I have a few of these plain tea towels for decorating, washed and dried.

This was ironed, but the boys were 'helping' so it got creased!
Finding the middle of each side I used the bunting stamp and black stamping ink to create a border of bunting around the edges.

I just love StazOn ink! Works on everything
Be careful not to smudge the ink, I worked left to right to minimise any contact with wet ink.

Love the detail on this stamp!
With the tea towel folded in half I stamped 3 cup cakes on each side, using the bunting as an approximate guide for spacing, make sure you press down firmly to ensure a good stamped image.


Try to press down firmly and evenly
Once all the ink was dry, I mixed some fabric paints to create some fun, bright summery colours, grabbed a handful of teeny tiny paint brushes an set to painting.

You only need a little paint, and can match it to your decor!
I did one bunting flag at a time from each strip of bunting, all the blue, and then pink and so on, again working left to right to allow the paint time to dry.

How fun is this bunting  looking?
Once all the bunting was painted, I then painted the cup cakes.

Couldn't you just eat one right now?!
I left the paint to dry, then ironed it on a low setting, and ta-da I have a gorgeous bunting tea towel!



The possibilities for using stamped images for creating home wares and decorations is limitless, next I’m going to knock up a few pot holders to go with the tea towel.

Hanging on my oven door, sooo cute!
Have you used stamps to make some thing for your home?



CreativeShareWednesdays


Transformation Thursday


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up
    party!


Comments

  1. I love that what a fab idea. Thanks for sharing tina x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I have stamps lying around from my scrapbooking days, but I never thought to use them for this....great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea!! This would even be a cute idea to give as a housewarming gift maybe! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. This would make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!
    Following from the blog hop and would love a follow back!
    Hope your morning is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My!!!!! I L*O*V*E this!!! Adorable! I am a freak for anything with a bunting!!! Love. Love. Love. Thank you so much for linking up at the handmade hog:) It will be evry wednesday so I hope to see you next week too:)
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute idea...I'm gonna have to go get me some of that ink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Awesome job and idea!! Thanks for linking it up at my party this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I love the bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that really is so cute. Thanks so much for sharing it at my Swing into Spring party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I saw you over at Hoo's Got Talent. I've never thought to stamp tea towels, but I love it! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm a new follower as well. :O)

    ~ www.billiemonster.com ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. sooo adorable! I absolutely love the bunting stamp... I can think of a million ways to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved it when it was just black and white and you really took it to the next level with the paint! This is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't realize (or had forgotten) that you could use StazOn ink on fabrics. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these turned out great...so creative and pretty...thanks for linking up to fridays unfolded!

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute idea! I love the white cotton tea towels. My sister embroidered a set of them for me. Each has a different kitchen theme.
    I found your blog through the Crafty Soiree...so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! I was thinking about what great gifts or party favors those would make. Thank you so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had no idea I could use Staz-On...it doesn't wash off the fabric???

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This looks amazing! Thanks for linking up to the It's a Keeper Thursday blog hop! Be sure to come back next week and link something new!

    Christina @ It's a Keeper
    http://www.everydaytastes.com/
    http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
    http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute. I never even thought to use stamps on fabric. Thanks for linking up to Creation Mondays @ ~The Life of Me~!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How very cute! I love the paints! Can you wash them?

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a fun idea! Never thought to STAMP tea towels before!! Very creative! :) Thanks for linking this to Fancy This Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for linking up, Amanda! I will be featuring this today! ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So adorable & creative!! Thank you for linking up to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week. This weeks blog bash is in full swing again!! If you haven't already please be sure & link up more of your creativity, I look forward to seeing all your great ideas. :)

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!