Bird Table Redo

Urrrgghhhh! Don’t ya just hate how everything in the garden gets icky over winter, or is it just me who locks the back doors and pretends the garden and everything in it doesn’t exist for a few months!

We have a bird feeder table, which was looking extremely sorry for itself; actually it was disgusting and just gross out nasty!


What with Spring in the air and the birds chirping in the trees I decided I had better sort this out pronto!

First off I had to remove a bunch of protruding nails, squirrels kept getting the food left out for the birds so we improvised and zig zagged string across the opening to keep them out!

Once it was free from nails, I sanded the entire thing down, if your doing a similar kinda project, wear a face mask, you don’t want to be breathing in dried up bird poop or wood / paint dust!

Looks better already
I gave the whole thing a coat of weather proof paint, making sure to get every nook and cranny, I forgot to get a pic, but I'm sure you can imagine what it looked like!

I knew I wanted something Springy in colour, but also something which would look nice and shabby after a few months being exposed to the elements. 

Hubby suggested green and pink! At first I thought ‘what the bejinkos?’ But actually, it looks bloomin’ marvellous if I do say so myself!


What do you think, is it now a suitable dining area for our little feathered friends?


I’m so pleased we didn’t just chuck this out, amazing what a little work can do to something that looks past it’s best!


Linking to these fab blogs



Domestically Speaking


Photobucket





Craft Link parties

Beyond The Picket Fence



Photobucket






18 comments :

  1. Oooo... I love it!! Hope the birdies love your redo too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done it's turned out fab! hope all the birdies love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so pretty. The birdies will think its a palace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a much better sight than before :) Love the spring colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the makeover! The paint colors are pretty and I hope the birds enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great transformation, it looks amazing now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a great re-do, those are the best it's like getting something new without the cost of new!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been giving my outdoor decor fresh paint as well. Love you updated birdfeeder. So cute! And the colors are perfect!

    I have a weekly linky party called Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays. It's for projects made for $10 or less. I would love for you to link up sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a change! I love it. so cute.

    new follower!
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You crack me up! I was honored to recieve and now I am honored to give:) Please accept!
    Tiffany
    http://ladycrafter14.blogspot.com/2011/04/what-and-award-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks awesome.. give your hubby a pat on the back for picking out the colors.. he did a great job! Sometimes hubbies need those.. I know mine always does.. but usually he gives himself one before I can! Ha ha.. love the butt shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. isn't that bird feeder just too cute!
    I love feeding the birds!
    gail
    ps I too don't pay any attention to the ugliness that winter sheds on the outdoor items until it warms up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks so great and all ready to welcome the birdies back! Thanks so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. it does look blooming marvelous!

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday...Hope to see more of your ideas this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10