Decoupage Eggs in a Cheese Dome Display!

Eggs are every where at the moment so I decided to see what I could do with some!

I decided to try my hand at decoupage eggs!


If you want to make some you will need

Plastic eggs
Decoupage paper
Glue
Brush
6 paper clips & pegs
Polystyrene
Something to display them in

A few weeks ago I brought this cheese dome from the local charity shop; I sanded it down, gave it a coat of paint and cleaned up the glass. It’s now good as new!


Next came the decorating of the eggs!


I wanted to minimise the amount of glue I got on myself and everything within a 5ft radius, so I made a ‘stand’ for the eggs to stand in whilst drying.


In a piece of polystyrene poke a straightened paper clip, if your egg has a hole in it, just pop the egg onto the paper clip, its not the most technologically advanced system, but it works just fine!

Tear up your paper into smallish pieces, any paper is fine so long as it’s not to thick, raw edges actually work best.


I’m probably the only person in blogland who doesn’t use modge podge, which I’m sure would work just dandy, I settled on good old PVA (craft / wood) glue mixed with a little water,

Working in small sections I spread a little glue onto the egg, placed a piece of paper on top and brushed over it with more glue, making sure all the edges were flush with the egg.


You will get some glue on your hand, baby wipes are excellent at removing it, once the entire egg was covered in paper, I gave it a coat of watered down glue, this dries clear and acts as a kind of varnish.
Leaving the eggs to dry on the paper clips, you can get on with some house work!

Once all the eggs were dry, I popped them in the cheese dome, which is now on display in our bedroom.


So what do you think of my first attempt at decoupage? It’s a great technique and one I definitely want to try again!


Linking up to


Delightfully Decoupaged hosted by Cheri at it's so very Cheri

Pink Hippo Party




sew many ways





Tip Junkie handmade projects


A Crafty Soiree

Comments

  1. These look beautiful!

    I am determined to make something for Easter this year so I think you may have just sealed the deal on my project. My Mom is coming to visit next week and I think this would be a great thing for us to do together.

    Thanks for sharing. Really, they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty- you did a great job! Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great. I thought that paper was fabric.
    Just hopping over from Young Nester.

    Amanda Joy
    www.joyinthejumble.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eggs turned out great, and it will be nice to have eggs you can put out year after year. Plus I love your cheese dome makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the eggs!

    You're invited to my "Party in Paris" today!

    Renee
    Http://Renee-joyjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you at The Picket Fence today. And I thought I was the only one who still used white glue instead of Modge Podge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!