Garden Planters revamped to Bathroom Storage



 This planter was knocking around in the shed for ages, so long in fact that the bulbs had turned mushy, so I decided to give it a new lease of life with the aide of….
Spray paint!


If you want to make your own you need the following items:

Metal planter
Spray paint
Wire wool

As it was so disgustingly grubby I gave it a good clean, empting the soil on to the flower beds and disposing of the bulbs.

Whilst allowing it to dry thoroughly, I covered the garden table in newspaper.


When it was totally dry, I started spraying it in short bursts,


Tips – 1) Use spray paint when you are up wind, I got covered in a fine mist of paint!

2) Cover the entire work area, and them some! I now have an attractive mist of paint on the table, opps!

Once I had painted everything in sight, I made a coffee and let the paint dry.


Putting the pots back in the basket I then had to decide where to put it, as our bathroom already has a bit of a French shabby chic feel with some of the accessories it seemed only right that this should go in there also.


It’s so impressive what a transformation you can get from a simple coat of paint, I just love this new storage, practical yet cute!



linking up to these awesome blogs

jaderbomb

Making

Photobucket





Craft Link parties



Tip Junkie handmade projects







Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden




Katie's Nesting Spot



Photobucket

Comments

  1. Fabulous idea & it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! So cute!! Thanks for linking up!!! Just wanted to remind you to grab my button for your page! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea, most people ( including myself) would probably just chuck it in the bin. It just shows with a bit of time and effort what you can do. Looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. How inventive! I will never look at old garden pots again. Thanks for the idea.
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely transformation. And such a practical storage idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea and great way to repurpose them! I love how they look in your bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are sooo cute!! i love it. great transformation :)

    PS: I'm doing a giveaway on my blog for $20 to my etsy shop, so if you like pretty jewelry you should come enter!! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-spring-fling-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great "makeover"! I love it when items like that can be repurposed. :)

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Hope you'll visit me at Serenity Now again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is amazing what a little effort and spray pain can accomplish. The after shot is amazing.

    Visiting via Tip Me Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. This project is brilliant and I love the color. Thanks for creating such a fab blog full of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love it! Nice job. When are you finding time for projects such as this, with the boys about? It must be at nap time. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea. Love how they turned out and very functional too! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a thing for cute stuff for the bathroom so I really love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Graet idea! SO cute! thanks for sharing and for linking up to the handmade hog:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the off white color. Such a great upcycle, thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well you've certainly transformed trash to treasure...what a great idea! It's a Keeper! yvette@twistedvines

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stopping by to invite you to join Thrifty Thursday. Have a wonderful day. Blessings!

    Johnnie

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a GREAT idea! I often find things at the garden center and in hardware stores that I end up using for things other than the intended use.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks adorable! And such a great idea for repurposing! I love it.

    (found you from somedaycrafts Whatever Goes Wednesday)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Way to repurpose!! So shabby cute & useful. Thank you for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash this past week. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your charming craft. Tomorrow is another blog bash, please drop by & share more of your inspiring ideas!

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea! Can't beat a total transformation with just one can of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is just so cute! I love finding other uses for items...thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  23. When in doubt, don't throw it out...just...

    SPRAY PAINT!

    Love. Imagine all of the things that could be saved from landfills if we just looked at things a bit differently...

    Therefore...

    You are featured next week!

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursday...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great idea to recycle this item! It looks amazing! Congrads. This was the most viewed link last week at the Whatever Goes WEdnesday party at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. I am featuring it today. Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a great idea! I am featuring this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

    http;//reuseandupcycle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!