Miniature Specimen Art




We’ve all seen the awesome specimen art out there in blogland, I’ve wanted to make my own but wanted to put a twist to it!

Which is how I got my miniature specimen art idea!


I started using my butterfly punch to punch butterflies out of cute patterned card stock, after about half an hour I realised that I probably only had enough butterflies to cover something like an 8th of the canvas, No way was I going to have enough time, nor patience, to punch out enough butterflies!

So instead of using miniature butterflies, on a regular sized canvas…… how about miniature 'specimens' on a miniature ‘canvas’!


I have a bunch of these stamp type card toppers, not a canvas in the normal sense of the word, but I'm not fussy!


I cut out a bunch of butterflies and hearts, I only needed 6 per topper but it’s one of those things that once I start, I kinda get carried away!

Once I had them punched I put dots of glue in 2 rows of 3, and then placed my ‘specimens’ on top of them.


Here are my 2 mini pieces of specimen art, ain't they just the cutest?!


I know exactly where I’m going to display them, but I still need to do some work on it!


Check back soon to see the display!


Linking to these fab blogs
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Making


Photobucket



sew many ways

8 comments :

  1. these are cute. I think they would look cute of the front of a card.

    great idea.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mini stuff! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from your newest follower/s from Karima at
    www.karimascrafts.com
    and
    www.karimasblogs.blogspot.com
    found you via tip me tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the idea of using a smaller canvas . I would love it if
    you would link up this project with me this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea. Thank you for linking this up to my Weekend Warrior party. It has taken me awhile to get around to visiting everyone but I am so thrilled to have people join in the fun and I hope to see you again next week! :)

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are soo adorable! Can't wait to see how you display them! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amanda~

    Super cute butterflies!! Thanks for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week, looking forward to seeing what you share this week.

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10