Pantry Shopping List - Chalk Board



Now that I finally have my pantry, yay, I’ve been working on organising it!

Last week you might have seen my chalk tags which I’m using to label the jars stored in the pantry, I decided that I needed somewhere to store spare tags in the pantry and came up with this.


If you want to make one you need the following

3mm MDF
Scroll saw
Paint
Chalk board paint
Masking tape
Bakers twine
Ribbon
Metallic pencil
2 hooks

Firstly, I drew my design on to MDF, and cut it out using my new scroll saw (my mothers day present to me),


It’s slightly uneven at the top, but not bad considering first time I’d used a scroll saw in like 15 years!


I then painted the entire surface, I used this rather nice aquaish colour, I napped a great bargain at my local DIY store, 7 tester sized pots of paint for 16pence each!!


Once dry, I taped off the sides, leaving a rectangle in the middle; I covered the rectangle area in a couple of coats of chalk paint.  


Once it was almost dry, I carefully removed the tape.


Using rub-ons I added ‘Pantry…’ to the top of my board. I added a cute vintage themed sticker to the bottom right hand corner,


I then screwed my two hooks to the bottom of the board, be careful not to screw these into your cutting matt, like I did!

Using my Dremel, I added two holes, one at the top and one on the left hand side, again be careful not to drill through to your cutting matt, I have done this before!

I got a length of bakers twine, you want long enough to thread through the board, loop around the pencil several times and have enough slack to enable you to write using the pencil.


Threading one end through the hole on the left hand side; I knotted the twine, and hot glued it in to place.

I wrapped the other end around the top of the pencil (or chalk) and used more hot glue to secure it in place.

To hang my pantry list, I threaded some ribbon through the hole in the top, and knotted it, I also added a little bow to the top, this hides some of the wonkiness!

After hanging up the pantry list, I added some of the chalk tags to the hooks.


No more writing shopping lists on random bits of paper which always seem to get lost!


Linking to


Someday Crafts

Tip Junkie handmade projects

Comments

  1. Wow i just love that!. I am so going to have to get a scroll sawnow!!. Im having a giveaway over on my blog if you fancing entering pop over and have a peek tina x x www.scratchycatcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! And it looks easy. So awesome, thanks for sharing! I found ya from sugar and dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have one of those scroll saws ~ geez now I am going to have to try to use it! Great inspiration! Love the color! Price is even better! The whole design is just darling!
    :)Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute and useful project! Thank you for sharing :) I also want to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment, I really appreciate it! I'd love for you to visit back to http://littlethingsbringsmiles.blogspot.com

    Have a wonderful week!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! I love chalkboard paint. Thanks for linking to Home Decor and Organizing Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love chalk boards! I've been wanting to do one in my kitchen but I have limited wall space since i have an open kitchen. I'd love if you linked up to Sew Woodsy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!