Bathroom Rules Blocks

I’m really enjoying turning our house into a home, and if I can do it on the cheap, even better!

I have seen several ‘Bathroom Rules’ pieces around, the one which inspired this little project cost almost £20! It’s not a massive amount of money, but I had everything at home to make my own version so why spend money when I don’t need to!!

If you want to make your own, get together

3 wooden blocks
Paints & brush
Rub on letters
Clear varnish
People to follow the rules – optional

I cut my 3 blocks, size would depend on the size of letters you use, and sanded down any rough spots.


Next I painted the blocks blues or green, colours which would compliment our bathroom and its accessories.


Once the paint was dry, I cut out and arranged where the rub on letters would go; 


when I was happy with their arrangement I removed the backings and using a lollipop stick rubbed them on.


At this point I would have varnished them, but I’m on the lookout for a bathroom themed embellishment to add to the bottom block, once I have this I will varnish them.

Once you’re happy with it, find a suitable home for it in the bathroom,


 I decided on a corner of the bath which is visible almost wherever you happen to be in the bathroom.


Now I just have to hope people pay attention to the Bathroom Rules!

This is an easy peasy project which I completed whilst watching the LAST EVER episode of Monk, I’m a sucker for a happy ending!


Linking to some of these fab blogs


Thirty Handmade Days



Comments

  1. Very cute! Essential rules for any loo. Love this; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Now only if the boys could read... LOL! Thanks for sharing! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, great reminder for the kiddos, but cute too! Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so sweet! Great reminders to have around. ;) Thanks for the visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute blocks!! Stopping by from House of Hepworths and a new follower.

    When you have a moment, stop by my blog. I just finished sewing my first jacket.
    http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/05/quilted-coat-finished.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! Thanks for linking to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun! i love how it rhymns haha

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday! Hope to see ya again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very creative way to decorate your bathroom, love it. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!