Building a birdie house!


You know you’ve watched too much Mickey Mouse Club House when you start singing a song from it whilst working on a project!

If you’re wondering it’s the Goofy classic, ‘building a birdie house’. So it should come as no surprise that I made a birdie house, kinda!

I made it out of scrap wood we had knocking about and some slates from the blinds from the boy’s room.

I won’t bother you with measurements; this is the kind of thing you can tailor to your needs.

I cut 3 pieces of wood into rectangles; putting 1 to one side to use as the base. I then cut the other 2 pieces so that each had one end ending in a point; the below picture shows this much better than I can explain it, these make up the sides.


Using wood glue I attached the sides to the base.


I then trimmed the slats from the blinds, 


Using wood glue I attached them to the sides to make up the roof.



Once it was all set I painted the roof, sides and base. I attached a piece of trimmed slat to either side of the base, this is to prevent the seeds or what not just falling off.

I then decided that it needed just a little something extra, which is where Gertie the birdie comes in isn’t she pretty?!


After a dash of paint and some wood glue, she has a permanent home on the birdie feeder!

Here is the finished feeder, it will go on the roof, but these last few days its been much to windy for me to be climbing up a ladder to position a feeder, it will go up soon as!


Supervised, this could be a great project to keep some of the older kiddies amused during the holidays,


Linking to some of these fab blogs
DIY By Design, Bouffee e Bambini, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Sugar and Dots

4 comments :

  1. Cute! You are so creative! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I would love it if you could stop by Heck Fridays tomorrow (Thursday) and post it on our first link party!

    http://www.heckfridays.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeck! that little birdie is so cute haha :)

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great wee project (love the birdie embellishment!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10