Seaside Sign

Hubby found this piece of wood, and several others, when he was sorting through the loft the other week.


I’ve had so many different ideas as to what to do with it, but finally settled on something with a typical seaside theme.


Nothing says seaside to me more than this, my nana used to sing this including the “Prom, Prom, Prom! Where the brass bands play: "Tiddely-om-pom-pom!" part, and take my sister and me down to Clacton on Sea for picnics and ice cream, happy days!

I sanded the board down with my nifty palm sander.


And gave it a coat of blue paint, once this was dry, I applied my vinyl letters.



Using a roller I applied a coat of white with a hint of blue paint.


After allowing the paint to dry slightly, I removed the letters.

I wanted to add a little some thing to the board, and decided on bunting, our pier and promenade look wonderful when they are strung with bunting!

I used hot glue to attach blue ric rac to the board.


Using scrap book paper I cut out a bunch of flags, which I attached, in no particular order, with sticky pads. I like the raised affect these give the flags.



Now I have my very own seaside sign, which cost me nothing to make!







Photobucket


Tip Junkie handmade projects






Comments

  1. This is so darn cute! I love the added effect that the bunting gives it. It's always such a good feeling to make something that ends up making you smile everytime you look at it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius idea, Amanda. Love the ric rac and bunting touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What clever idea! Really looks great in your space :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely, what a great idea! Feeling tempted to run off the seaside now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi amanda!

    thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment on my felt flower wreath!

    i love what you did with this board--my mind never would have thought to turn it into such a cute sign! the mini bunting is my favorite, so cute! well done!!

    katie@little things bring smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda this is just so darn cute! Thanks for sharing! Chris Us and Them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so adorable ~ well done on the sign! Visiting from Tuesday's Treasures. Hope you're having a fabulous week :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up to Share the Wealth Wednesday. What a great tutorial! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! I love the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!!! I know now what I'm going to do with the lone board in my craft room! Thank you so much for linking up to "It's a Party"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this speaks happiness to me!! I'd love for you to link up!

    http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/05/wow-me-wednesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute project! Thanks for linking up, I always enjoy seeing what you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the addition of the bunting detail!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this! the bunting detail is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!