Decision Dice



Last week I was lucky enough to guest post over at The Life of Rylie and Bryce, too!, if you didn't happen to catch my post, here it is, once you've finished here pop over to see this weeks Saturday Play-date and say hi to the lovely Lee Ann!


If your kids are anything like me, you’re in for a long summer full of indecisiveness! I’m terrible at making decisions; even deciding on dinner can have me in a spin, which is where the Dice of Decision comes into play.


Each side has a pocket into which you can insert various option coupons, whether its activities, days out, dinner or chores, it lets the kiddies get involved in making the decisions.

To make your own you need to gather

Fabric for dice
Fusible interfacing
Contrasting fabric for pockets
Fabric for pocket lining
Toy stuffing
Sewing machine
Sewing bits and bobs
Card for coupons

On the wrong side of the main fabric draw 6 squares. 11” x 11”, cut these out. Cut out and iron the fusible interfacing on the wrong side of each of the squares,


On the wrong side of the contrasting fabric draw 6 squares, 4” x 4”, cut these out.


Cut out and iron the fusible interfacing on the wrong side of each of the squares,
 On wrong side of the pocket lining fabric draw 6 squares, 4” x 4”, cut these out. 
Iron all the pieces.


Place the pocket and pocket lining right sides together and pin, sew along 3 sides leaving a gap in the 4th for turning right side out. Before turning right side out, trim off any excess fabric and square off the corners. Once turned out, sew the gap closed.


Repeat for the remaining 5 pockets and press.


Place a pocket on the centre of each piece of main fabric, pin in place and sew round 3 edges, leaving the tops open, press.


To make the dice, place 2 pieces of fabric right sides facing, pin together and sew along 1 edge. Remember to back stitch at both ends!


Place another piece of fabric, right sides facing, on one of the 2 pieces already sewn together, sew along the edge. Repeat until you have 4 pieces sewn together in a strip.


Sew the 2 end pieces together; this will make up a cube.


Pin one piece to the top and another to the bottom, make sure right sides are facing!


Using your sewing machine, attach the top and bottom, leaving a gap for turning.


Prior to turning right side out, trim off any excess and square corners. Turn right side out, you should now have your dice.


Stuff with toy stuffing, using a chop stick or similar to get stuffing in the corners.


 Once you’re happy with the filling, sew the gap closed.


To make the coupons trim some card so it’s the right size to fit inside the pockets, make as many as you need.


Write on them different options, you could have themes,
Rain day options
Outdoor activities
Friday night dinner


Insert coupons in to pockets and get rolling’!!


The dice also works well as a football and a cushion!


I just want to say a huge thanks again to Lee Ann for having me over to her fab blog, it was my first ever guest post and she was very helpful with everything!


Linking to
Under the Table and Dreaming, Sundae Scoop, Think Pink Sundays, Creative Itch


6 comments :

  1. This turned out so cute! I have a similar cube I bought in the store with reading comprehension questions on it to use with my students, and I know they love rolling it and seeing what they get. So I'm sure this is a big hit in your home! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea!!!
    {junkintheirtrunk}
    junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in no way a crafty/sewing person. Would you be willing to make one for my kiddo if I compensated you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool! I love it! my husband and I could use one of these just to decide what to eat for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a clever idea! I am sure your kids will have fun with this decision dice. thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, I love this idea - super cute and perfect for the little ones! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party. I am a little behind commenting - but I have featured this last week. Hope you are having a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10