Fathers Day Wordle Subway Art

Since my father died 10 years ago I find it difficult to get into the swing of Fathers Day, but with two sons of our own, I owe it to hubby to pull my socks up and get stuck in!

I’ve missed the postal dates for getting anything made up and delivered, but knew I wanted something personal, which is when I remembered a few months ago I had brought a few packages of printable canvas!


Hurrah!

I could make my own personal artyish gift for hubby.

I was thinking something along the lines of subway art would be nice, but haven’t got the patience for sorting out the layout and everything, which is where Wordle comes in! Wordle is this amazing free to use program where you can enter a bunch of words or even your blog url and it comes up with a kind of subway art piece.

Using Wordle, I entered words which I think best describe hubby since he became a daddy, these are just my observations of him during the highs and lows we have encountered since our sons were born.


I played around with layout, fonts and colour options until I was happy, to make sure it would fit on to my sheet of canvas I printed out a copy onto regular paper.


Once I was happy with it, I printed on to the sheet of canvas and let it dry.


Using spray glue I then covered the entire canvas in glue and placed my printed canvas on top.


After it had dried I cut away the excess canvas sheet. To hide the rough edges I wrapped a strip of ribbon around the sides of the canvas, using hot glue to keep in place.


I then used some fun summery yellow ric rac to add a border to the canvas, again using hot glue to secure.


It’s propped up on the fireplace; I wonder how long it will take hubby to notice!


I’m not ruining any surprise; I’m terrible at keeping secrets so there is no way I could keep this until Sunday!


Linking to


House of Hepworths, The Shabby Chic Cottage, Fireflies & Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Handy Man Crafty Woman





36th Avenue

3 comments :

  1. What a sweet and loving project! I know how you feel, for me it was my mom's passing (I try to do something for the grandmas, but there is always something missing). Beautiful project! I followed you today from the 36th Avenue Share Awesomeness Thursday linky where I've linked up my quilled birdhouse if you want to stop by.
    Hugs,
    Antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Printable canvas? I had no idea there was such a thing! (I don't get out much, hahah)
    Fabulous gift for father's day!
    thanks for sharing!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat came out really great! Thanks for linking this to Wicked Awesome Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10