Gone to the Beach

Technically you could call this a craft fail, but I don’t believe in them, you can always turn it round!


 This was meant to be a beach hut coat peg for my boys' room, but I  just wasn’t happy with it so carried on messing about until I ended up with this sweet ‘gone to the beach’ sign.

Using a scroll saw I cut out an outline of 4 beach huts lined up together.


I painted each hut a different colour.


Using masking tape, I taped off strips and painted the exposed areas.



Using hot glue, bakers twine and triangle pieces of paper I created bunting across the beach huts.


For the ‘gone to the’ letters I used some letters from my craft stash, and painted some wooden letters to spell out beach, I stuck these on with more hot glue.


I now have this cute sign


 which hopefully will be an accurate reflection of  how we spend our summer, but with Wimbledon starting this week, I’m going to dig out my wellies and umbrella! 


Linking to 


Sew Many Ways, Craft O Maniac, Making the World Cuter, Ask Anna, More the Merrier Monday, House of Hepworths, 30 Handmade Days

Comments

  1. A genius idea, yet again, Amanda. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cute! Great idea as usual. A beachy summer sounds lovely. Hope you get to spend lots of time there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I wish I were "gone to the beach" !

    Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Warrior Link Party.

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute! :) I love the colors... (and the beach)
    gail
    ps scroll saw... a tool I don't own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I could have used one of these cute signs yesterday :-)
    Totally not a fail! Thanks for linking up with my Show and Share party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!