Painted Stones - abc

Over the years the hubster and I have collected stones like this.


Because his sister gave us this bowl.


For years we just plopped stones in the bowl, which moved to various spots around the house depending on the mobility of our boys, that was until I saw this whilst potaling around Etsy.


I had one of those ‘Ahh ha’ moments, finally a use for these pesky stones!

After cleaning them up, shocking how dusty stones get, I painted a letter on to each stone.


I somewhat matched letters to the stone, shape wise, but ran out towards the end. After I had painted each letter I painted ‘dots’ around the edges, these are really just small splodges with the tip of a paint brush

If you do this just remember whether you are doing capital or lower case letters, after I had finished the letters I realised I had mixed them up, duh, which is fine if you want a mash up of letters!

I love the idea of painting stones; I have a stash of stones which I shall be painting up with the boys names,

What would you paint on to stones?

*please be aware that in some areas it is illegal to remove stones, please check if your not sure to avoid any awkward situations*


Comments

  1. Those are way cute! My son would love something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the abc's on the stones.

    I think, if I could paint, I would paint little heads on the stones. It would be fun to have really skinny, really round, etc. people all filling a bowl.

    Such a cute idea of paint the stones! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the Creative Bloggers Party & Hop over at Create with Joy!

    I love the idea of the alphabet stones! Not only are they a great decorative item, but they'd be fun and educational for kids to play with. I can't think of a better thing to paint on them!

    So pleased to "meet" you!

    New follower,
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! My 2 year old would looove these. He's crazy about stones and he's learning his ABC's. I just may have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    Amy
    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea!! They came out great! I have a 3 yr old son who can sing ABCs but is still learning to distinguish all the letters-- this would be a great interactive way for him to learn!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea! My toddler would love this right now. Thanks for sharing.

    Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!