Shabby Cubby Makeover




This is another fab find I got from our visit to the flea markets in Lewes the other day, a rather sad looking cubby organiser thingy!


First to go was the bird ornament, just not my style at all.


Next up was sanding all over to remove the green paint and the dirt.


Once it was ready I painted the whole thing, including the drawers, in this lovely pale blue, I applied 2 or 3 coats altogether,


I decided to add some decoration, but wanted nothing too jazzy, so settled on these hearts, which I painted a pale pink, and applied with hot glue.


Having gotten rid of the string handles, I needed something else to attach to the drawers.


I settled on these tags, and numbered them with numerical rub ons.


I attached the tags to the drawers with some bakers twine.

 Here is my revamped cubby organiser, I think it will work well in the kitchen to hold little knock knacks


I’m so looking forward to getting back to the flea markets in a few weeks, it's great to transform something which has been dis-guarded into something useful.


Linking to these fab blogs
Stuff & Nonsense, 504 Main

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating




Thirty Hand Made Days

4 comments :

  1. I love little cubbies and you made this one so sweet.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugely (is that a word??) better! Love the little number tags you added and the color is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - wonderful job here! I love the heart and little tags.
    So glad you shared at 504 Main!

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10