Kitchen Door Command Centre!

I think our kitchen has possibly the least amount of wall space EVER!

Honestly, there is room for nothing, so trying to find a spot for those all important lists and reminders has been an impossible task.


That was until I sat looking at this door, I hate it by the way, the door leads out to the pantry and laundry area and also the gas boiler, and it’s that nasty looking thing above Ahren.

We want to move the boiler; it is a total eye sore and gets in the way, not sure how many times I have walked into it! But to move it will cost big bucks due to moving gas lines and stuff, poop! So that’s two issues with my kitchen which were bugging me this morning, how to make the door more appealing whilst distracting from the boiler!

Scrapbook paper!


I grabbed a bunch of papers and measured the glass panels in the door.
Unfortunately the panels are just that bit bigger than my papers, even the 12x12!


I selected my favourite papers, and cut them to size.


Using the left over scraps and sticky tape I added extra to the bottom of each paper to ensure they would fit the glass panels.

I decided I would make 6 panels into reusable lists,

Menu
To Do
Shopping
Appointments
Birthdays
Don’t Forget!

Using a selection of sticky letters from my stash I added headers to the papers.


I gave the glass panels a clean and made sure they were all dry, then decided which papers would go in which panel.

Once I was happy I used a clear tape and glue dots to attach the papers to the glass panels, the side in the pantry / laundry area not the kitchen!
Turns out the glass panels are all slightly different sizes, grrrr, so there are a few gaps, but I can live with that.


Using an erasable marker I can now write down reminders and important info all in one central, visible place, and erase when it’s no longer needed!



No more random lists or notes all about the house and I’ve temporarily gotten ‘rid’ of that eye sore boiler!

Out of sight out of mind!


25 comments :

  1. Hi Amanda :o)
    I LOVE you patchwork door, what a fabulous idea, it looks so pretty and is useful too.
    thank you so much for popping by my blog and for your lovely comment.
    j x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It also give me somewhere to hide when I want to avoid nappy changing / coffee making duty! :)

    Well done hun.

    Love ya.

    Hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea and great use of your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea!!! Your door looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out so cute! What an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! It's amazing what one simple change can do. You have a place to jot down notes, you covered an eyesore & you added a fun pop with color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that is brilliant and it looks absolutely gorgeous.
    Well done Amanda and lol at Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute ... I like the patchwork look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! That kind of thing makes you want to go to the home builder/previous owner and say "What were you thinking???"-- at least that's what I think when I look at my pathetic {stained} white kitchen countertops. :) Found you @ 30 Days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea for using what space you have...we have very little wall space as well so i can identify! thanks for linking up to fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome idea. You made a real good use of that door :) Pinning it. Thanks for sharing.

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool idea. I just found you on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool solution. I love it. This is too cute. I'd love for you link up at my Friday Link up on Blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great idea!! I want to find me some old windows and do that.--connie, measuredbytheheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant idea. I love how it adds great color to the kitchen, hides an eyesore, and creates a useable Command Center all at the same time!
    --Jill
    http://jillmadeit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. VERY creative and cute! I could use something like this!

    I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Link Party, Once Upon a Weekend on my blog Family Ever After. The party starts on Fridays and lasts all week.

    Here’s the link if you’re interested:www.familyeverafter.blogspot.com

    Also, if you have a list of favorite link parties, I’d love to be included on Fridays. Thanks a ton! Have an awesome day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha! Great idea!!!! Amazing!
    Greetings from Mexico :)

    http://lilioshka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so very cool. I am trying to think of how to create that without the door, which I am lacking. I have seem windows for sale at thrift stores taht have the seperate panes. May try that and hang it on the wall. Thanks for great inspiration. I saw this at Friday's Unfolded.

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO creative!! I love it and the colors you choose!!

    We host a linky party “Help a Momma Out” every Tuesday. Would love if you linked this up :)) Thanks for sharing!

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this idea! catching you this week!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for linking up, you never cease to amaze me with your projects..How I wish you could be my next door neighbor..if you have tme, stop on over this weekend - I'm also having a giveaway..have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a novel and fun idea! :D Makes me wish i had a door with some glass panes in it... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10