Organising those wires and cables, loo roll style!


Have you seen all the amazing ideas for using up empty loo rolls?


 I haven’t made any fancy wall art, but this idea might come in handy for organising your wires and cables.


Chucking out loo rolls just seems a waste, and if you live with a techi nerd you probably have a house full of wires and cables!


Simple solution really, use the loo rolls to store the wires and cables into the loo rolls, you could leave them as they are, or pretty them up a little.


I decided to cover the loo rolls in some pretty paper, covered in sticky back plastic, this give it a bit more strength and they look nice!


I cut the paper so it was slightly larger than the length of the loo roll, then cut the sticky back plastic about 1cm larger than the paper, Peeling off the backing, I secured one end of the sticky back plastic to the loo roll, attached the paper and then rolled both around the loo roll.


Once both were all the way round, I snipped notches in the paper and plastic over lap, folding the remaining bits left into the tube.


I've used both loo rolls and kitchen paper rolls, for those stupidly long cables!


I've put them in this box, from Ikea, looks much better than the tangled mess they are normally in!


I made these a few weeks ago and they are holding up really well, I’d definitely suggest using the sticky back plastic if covering with paper.


Tip Junkie handmade projects

11 comments :

  1. "Techi Nerd"??? Bloomin' cheek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. I hate throwing those rolls away, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea! Adding a label to tell me what the plug goes to would be brilliant! Thank you for linking to Handy Man, Crafty Woman's Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I purchased my IKEA scarf organizer, I would wrap my scarves around a paper towel holder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooo creative! Such a great idea! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for linking this up to my tip-toe thru tuesday party! i would've never thought of this. what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. I used your inspiration to make a different kind of plug organizer! I have featured your project to share the credit, on my latest blog post, please pop by to have a look. Regards, Karima x http://www.karimascrafts.com/2011/08/plug-organizer-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have to keep the wire, chargers and cables at one place. You can use the above idea is well to keep all at one place, if you do this, then you will find it easily.

    Coiled Cables

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10