Wooden Bathmat revamped for the garden!!

Considering it’s meant to be summer it has been raining, a lot! So much that the other day our back garden got a little flooded, and I ordered a new brolly!

And whilst all this rain is great for the water companies (bet they still impose a hosepipe ban) and the farmers, it has wrecked the door mat I had placed outside the patio doors, this used to have a couple of reindeers on it, I’m a total sucker for Christmas and, yes, I do wish it could be Christmas every day!


The thing must be 10 x the weight from being waterlogged, so instead of trapping the dirt of shoes and feet before they enter the house it just makes everything wet, which is just icky nasty!
Obviously it had to go, tata!

I needed something in its place, something that wouldn’t get waterlogged nor look nasty and faded after a bit of time outside in the glorious British summer time, oh, and I didn’t want something that would feel totally icky either!

This is where the wonderfully named Duck board, wooden creation that is the bathroom mat comes in to play!


This thing has been pootaling around in the loft for a few years, until it got a wipe over and some paint.

I decided to use 3 colours, pink, blue and green, kinda summery and beachy at the same time. I painted the slats alternate colours.


Once it was dry, I added a few rub ons to add a little flowery charm!


A few coats of varnish and tada, I have the cutest door mat this side of the M25.
I think it will look even better once it’s got a little weathered.


Looks better don't you think?! 

Comments

  1. surely an improvement ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fun idea! What a great way to add color and some pizzazz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks gorgeous!! was thinking about making one of these, but the pastal colours look so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I'm visiting from Organize and Decorate Everything! I'd love for you to share this with my {re}create into something new blog party too at http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/07/recreate-into-something-new-3.html

    Hope to see you at my place soon!
    Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up to my party!
    Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. it really looks better! thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun color palette! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks awesome! Thank you for linking up at Sew Woodsy last week. Hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!