Glass jar tea light lanterns

My favourite coffee comes in these rather lovely glass jars which just beg to be turned into something other than a jar which held coffee.



I’ve seen lots of painted glass ware lately and decided these jars would be perfect with a bit of paint and a tea light.


Thing is I didn’t want to spend any money doing it! So I went to ‘old faithful’, my trusty pot of white glue!

A splodge of glue, squirt of acrylic paint and a splash of water are all I used. I added more blue or white paint to alter the colour for each jar, so long as the mixture isn't too watery it works.


Once I had the colour I liked I just poured it into the jar, swirled it around until the inside was covered and poured out the remaining paint mixture into a scrappy jar to begin mixing a different shade.


I added gold glitter to one jar, which looks stunning with a lit tea light inside, I just couldn’t get a good photo, but trust me this looks wonderful.


To add a little interest to the jars I added some lengths of ric rac in blue and white to the neck of each jar, using hot glue to keep in place.



4 comments :

  1. Those look great! I'm definitely going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I just did a blog about candle jars that this would work for also! Can't wait to try this because they look so cute with the tealight inside! I'm your newest follower from "Make with Love" Blog Hop. I had to follow you just from your banner alone! Love the bright colors in the spools! Hope you can stop by sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jars turned out great! I have been meaning to try painting glass jars and have new inspiration! Thanks!

    I would love for you to link your post up at my Savvy HomeMade Monday blog part which is still happening at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/homemade-monday-parties

    I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10