Making Summer Memories

Amazingly we have had some gloriously sunny days here in Sussex, so we’ve spent a few lovely days at the beach.


The boys have been having a ton of fun chasing seagulls, hilarious!
Throwing stones in to the sea is also something that they love, they both go for ridiculously large stones, almost the size of their own heads, but they look so proud when they throw them…an inch, bless!


Between chasing after the boys and trying to keep hold of my flip flops I was for no particular reason collecting smallish, flatish white / grey stones.


After the boys blocked up the drain with a ton of stones the other week, I knew that I couldn’t leave them around the house or goodness knows where they would end up!


Having sat playing around with them I figured I could turn them into a memento of this summer.

 Layering them up in to 4 stacks of 4 stones, I made a mummy, daddy, kiddo and kiddo figure.


I used hot glue to stick the stones atop of each other.


I’ve sat them in front of this huge jar I have of stones and shells from other days out / holidays.


I love the simplicity of the project, but more than that how these capture our summer this year!


What are you working on to remember this summer?  


17 comments :

  1. Cute idea!! I am always looking for new ideas for all the treasures I find on the beach! these stones are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those stones. My daughter and I went to our favorite beach to find stones like that but the water was still too high. You are making nice memories!!! I am working on cleaning the house with my daughter. She wanted to earn some money and I have been enjoying my time with her.
    Saw you on the stories of a2z

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look cute! I like the pics of them on the wood!
    That is so funny they clogged the drain. At least it wasn't the toilet!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, great way to capture a memory and decorate all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little project to let the kids "help" decorate the home. Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's adorable. I'm sure you'll keep that forever. Your photo captured my attention at Handy Man Crafty Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! I love this! I would love it if you linked up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/08/tuesday-confessional-link-party-and.html
    I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photos- yes the stones look wonderful! Would love if you would come share at my decorating party at my blog sometime-it's going on right now!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it! we have holiday stone collections too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that something so simple looks so great and evokes such great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet treasure!! And they look very nice in front of your other natural decorations! Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so lovely! I am so in to beachy ideas right now, I'm loving this! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are great! Fabulous idea - I am always looking for new ways to save our treasures and display them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it!! What a great decor idea that will remind you of fun summer memories!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the idea of doing something like this to commemorate a family vacation. much better than an expensive piece of kitsch from a gift shop! thanks for sharing this at my tip-toe thru tuesday party! hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. very sweet idea! I love the look of the stones on your shelf.
    gail

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10