Mini Lavender Pillow Stack

Having dried my lavender the other day, I had to make some sort of pouches to actually put the lavender in, as much as I love hearts, I wanted something a little different, so thought of little pillows.


If you want some of your own, here’s what to do.

Choose 2 complementary fabrics, and iron on some interfacing.
From each fabric cut 3 squares, I think mine were 9, 11 and 14cm.



Place fabrics one on top of the other, right side facing.


Sew around all 4 edges, leaving a gap for turning.
Snip away any excess fabric and square off the corners.


Turn right side out, using a pokey thing to get the corners all nice and neat.
Press the whole thing.


In a small bowl make a mixture of dried rice and lavender, and using a funnel, a cone made out of paper works too, fill each pillow to approximately 2/3rds full.


Once you’re happy with the quantity of mixture in each pillow, top stitch each pocket closed.


TIP
If you need to leave this, or a similar project for any amount of time, such as dinner, bed time or hospital appointment, these clips are awesome for securing the fabric and preventing the mixture from spilling out.


Once I had all 3 finished, I stacked them up and used a piece of ribbon to secure them together.

I’m so chuffed with this little project, my very own handmade lavender pillows, using lavender I grew and dried, love it!

These are going in the towel cupboard; keep the towels smelling lovely and moth free.


This would make a fun hand sewing project and would be a cute little gift all tied up with the ribbon.

Linking to some of these blogs


Comments

  1. Very nice. First I'd heard about putting rice into the mix. I suppose that is to give the pillow a bit of structure? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOO CUTE! Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sustainable, beautiful ,aromatic and relaxing as lavender effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I think it's great that you dried your own lavender too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet they smell divine. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love these! Just saw some lavender bushes at my garden center that I just adored. resisted buying them (as I was by bike...), but I'd love having lavender in teh housen :-)
    Well done!
    Esther.
    http://happyinred.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I can just imagine how good your linen closet must smell now. All tied up like that, they'd make a great gift, too.


    Kimberly @ The Brown Eyes Have It

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing smells better than lavender. I'd love to have a stack of these in my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How neat to have your home grown lavender bundled up so cute! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute idea with your own lavendar! What great little Christmas gifts! Thank you for linking up to It's a Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute! I love lavender pillows but often hate the flowery designs they come in... So excited to make my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tutorial! I never thought to make my own. I always use to buy them and put them in my dresser to keep everything smelling fresh. Pinning this on Pinterest right now!

    Thank you for linking up to Sew Woodsy last week. We hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!