Craft Addictions!

I’ve said it before; some of these crafts should have a health warning. Not because they are unsafe, but because they are so bloomin’ addictive!

I mean really, mug rugs!

The hubby thinks these sound like something from a Harry Potter book, odd fellow my hubby, but then he doesn’t drink tea or coffee, so what would he know about the necessity of mug rugs?!


Who’d have thought that those tiny little quilts could be so darn addictive?
Aren’t these just the cutest most ‘oh my gosh, I could just make a gazillion of these’.

My addiction with these is 2 fold, firstly, how the heck can anyone stop cutting mini fabric squares, something about 2x2 inch squares is just so therapeutic, I now have a stash of little squares just screaming to be sewn back together!


Secondly, each one is like a mini quilt, and who doesn’t like quilts, let alone mini ones?!
I have 3 more which I’m part way through, got a feeling I’m going to end up with a ridiculous number of mug rugs!


16 comments :

  1. Do you know that I'm desperate to do some patchwork? The unfortunate thing is that I started cutting out some squares for a picnic blanket some time ago but lost interest very quickly (I know! How could I!). I need to have another go obviously. Mug rugs - the way forward methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them!! What better way to use up all those little scraps and how cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow they are so fab. I keep meaning to make some myself tina x x
    www.scratchycatcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Cute!!! I love these! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really cute!! Thanks for sharing!



    new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and love the name! Very catchy! :)
    shannonsews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so clever. Great idea! I would love it if you would stop by and share them at my linky party! http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/09/bedazzle-me-monday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I didn't know what a mug rug was, until I joined blog land. I especially like your bunting and polka dot mug rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Umm, you have successfully managed to make a coaster adorable. And for some reason I never think to use a coaster outside of, you know, the coffee table/living room atmosphere. How about that cup of tea that I wipe the ring off the kitchen table/desk everyday? Duh! Stopping by from Chic on a Shoestring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great!

    I made coasters recently, but they keep sticking to the bottom of my mugs. A mug rug would be better, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. soooo cute!! thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bunting ones are my favorite--don't stop with the bunting crafts! I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these and desparate to have a go at making some myself, I want to make one big enought to have a couple of biscuits on the side too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got to try this-seems like a good/easy way to learn my sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mug rugs are so very cute. I have an old quilt... I wonder if I could cut it up to do this? :)
    gail

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10