Still here, kinda

You might have noticed I haven’t been ‘around’ so much recently, or not!

Nothing major has happened, we’re all still here plodding along, but I’ve slipped backwards.
Just over 2 years ago I was diagnosed with severe postnatal depression and PTSD; I’ve been struggling every day since to find my ‘normal’.

Since starting this blog I’ve come to realise that this is my ‘therapy’, having projects to focus on has been oh so amazing at distracting me from the ‘darker’ thoughts which were all too consuming. You guys are also a great distraction, sometimes too good, sharing all those amazing ideas and inspiring stories.

But just lately I’ve lost my ‘craftjo’ I have a bunch of things I want to do, I just can’t ‘do it’, and in losing my ‘craftjo’ I’m slipping back.

I don’t want to, actually, I can’t slip back too far, not sure I could ever climb out of ‘that’ again, so, whilst I may be a little quiet, I’m still mooching around your blogs, getting ideas and inspiration. I don’t always comment, and I know I’m slacking on replying to emails, ‘talking’ whether through speech or type always gets messed up when I’m ‘slipping’ but please bear with me.

This blog and you gals have been like a breath of fresh air

I just need to catch my breath

 Breathe a little calmer

 Let go of the insignificant

 And start again.

Which I now know I can do.

I just need to pick the pieces up and start again.

I'm going to end on a sweet note

Imagine Ahren and Ethan in the garden, jumping up and down, shouting at the clouds being blown away in the wind
“Clouds, clouds, come back!”
Soooooooooooooo cute!

10 comments :

  1. Oh, I'm sorry. I've gone through terrible depression too and, like you, being busy is the best medicine for me. But sometimes, you still find yourself slipping. Please remember to take the time to take care of yourself--the blog (and your readers) will be here when you're ready to be crafty again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can empathize, right now, with where your'e at. I've slipped a little and am feeling the same-- quiet, not posting or leaving as many comments ( the title of my blog is Postpartum Quilter-- only I have trouble sharing when I'm not feeling great for a period.) But I so appreciate bloggers like you who "keep it real" and do talk. My children and husband are the joys of my day and I just wish that the precious things they do and say would lift me longer in these more challenging periods. And the quilting is my therapy, although some days are better than others. I do know that m "moods" ebb and flow (perhaps not as quickly as I'd like). It's helpful to know that I'm not alone. Please feel free to email me if you wish to talk more, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back - it's always good to take a break and start back fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda, so sorry you're not feeling too bright and breezy at the moment. Deep breaths and try to get some rest. We'll be here when you're feeling up to it again. I, for one, will miss your fabulous crafting inspirations! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Amanda - ever so often when I'm feeling down in the dumps, difficult as it is, I force myself to think of all the things I am blessed with - and that always makes my problems feel that much smaller. Your biggest blessings are out there shouting for the clouds to come back! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know exactly how you feel. i've suffered with depression on and off since i was 18. and having 3 young children to run around after can be hard, sometimes it feels like i'm taking 2 steps forward and 5 steps back. i've also started my own blog a few months ago and it is helping me xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe we can breathe together???

    big hugs from Indiana
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  8. As many have commented, I can understand what you're feeling. I have suffered mild to major depression for many parts of my life. For the last fours years I have been a lot more stable, but moving to the other side of the world has thrown me. I'm trying very hard, but loneliness is hard to handle. Keeping yourself busy and connected to people you can be "real"with is important. I also believe in the book "Feeling Good" by Dr. David Burns. It is a book on CBT for depression and anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda,

    Hope things get better for you. You can only take one day at a time. I'm sure things will work out for the best.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I wish we could have met while I was in England. Are you anywhere near Sutton Scotney? That's where my mother lived.
    Come by and visit again sometime and thanks for becoming a follower. I am now following you.
    Hope you have a good week.

    Your new friend,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i had no idea. thought you were just being quiet. so sorry that you are dealing with this. i've my share of those types of issues. it's hard to deal sometimes. and with the weather change, it seems worse sometimes. i've got a few posts on my blog marked mental health if you want more info on me. as for you... take some time to breath and clear your head. pray if you do. i will be praying that God will lift your spirits, dear friend.... you know where to reach me if you need anything...

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10