Trying to Define My Style or Lack Off!

I've never really bothered to decorate our home in any particular style, mostly because I've never settled on any one particular style or theme, but also because I like to change my mind a lot!
So I have decided to settle on not one theme but several for our home, I'm hoping for a shabby chicy, coastal, country farm house collaboration.

This way I also don't have to pass up on those great finds which I just lurve, but think 'hmmm, where the heck would this go?'

And, if for any reason I 'mess up' on a project, I can say 'ta dah, shabby chic!'

The first room on my 'hit list' is the kitchen, it seems the easiest due to just needing accessories rather than furniture or fixtures added to it.

I asked hubby and 'noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo' was the answer to whether or not I can paint the fridge freezer, cooker, washing machine or tumble dryer, any one would think he doesn't trust me around big large expensive appliances!

So I settled on a few cans of spray paint and some carefully selected items from the kitchen which looked as though they could do with some cheering up.





I then used some of the accessories I already have to dress up the kitchen.



It would seem that aqua blue and baby pink, and polka dots are my 'thang' at the moment.




Tip Junkie handmade projects


6 comments :

  1. Very cute. I especially love the lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would LOVE it if you would link this project up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/09/turquoise-lovin-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lanterns! You've inspired me to buy a can of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those colors! Spray paint is a cure all. Thanks for linking to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT colour pops!! LOVE spray paint too!

    Deborah (visiting happily from
    http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com)

    {Hope you can stop by too...}

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10