Using up those fabric scraps!!!

Ho hum, seems I’m a rather fickle craft addict!

 I was blog hopping around the other day and found the wonderful blog that is Pink Penguin, isn’t that the best name ever for a blog??

PinkPenguin is where Ayumi shares some wonderful tutorials and shows some great projects which are made with some of the cutest fabrics I’ve seen!

Whilst pottering around I saw a tutorial for tissue cosies, and set about making 1 or 10!!


The tutorial is super easy and in no time at all I had sewn 10, so I’m really looking forward to sniffle season, next time someone needs a tissue I can give them their own tissue cosy filled with tissues.


Having the snuffles is never nice so one of these might cheer up the snuffler!


I haven’t totally moved on from mug rugs, or from bunting and spots, as today I made this little cutie.

Open up the button…


And you get these


Perfect for some biscuits and a glass of cola!


Everything I’ve made lately is from my stash of fabric scraps, the tissue cosies and mug rugs are perfect for using up the odd bits of fabric.

Oh, and this straw is the best straw in the entire world, I brought a package of 4 reusable straws, they are made from hard plastic and are totally reusable, no more throwing them away, love them!






Comments

  1. ha! i love the Tha Dah!
    You do pretty good with those craps!

    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea. I am thinking that I may need about 10 too ;) Love the coasters too. Thanks for linking up with us, we always love it when you do!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of making things with bunting on it as a way to use up scraps that are really too small for anything else! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sooo stinkin adorable and I think they would make anyone with a runny nose a little happier! Thanks so much for sharing these with the Pink Hippo party.. I may have to bust out the sewing machine and make a couple of these cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so cute! I love anything that gives ideas for using up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a-a-a-choo. I could do with making one of those. My husband is a bit sniffly at the moment, although I find consigning him to the spare room is as good as a tissue pouch!!!
    Lovely crafting x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't reusable straws the absolute best? I buy them whenever I can find them. They can even go through the dishwasher! Clever coaster idea, too BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO pretty!! Would love it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. GAH! LOOOVE the tissue cozies!! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm your newest follower!

    -Evey
    http://sweetsongbirdofmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!